cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to XI connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to setup a connection between 2 XI systems for the following scenario:

1: SAP sends iDoc to XI1.

2: XI1 routes the iDoc to XI2 (no mapping is required)

3: XI2 receives the iDoc, maps the iDoc to a file and sends the file to the target system

What is the best way to setup Step 2 where XI1 routes the iDoc to XI2 (no mapping is required) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved without proxies as well.

XI2 is just like any other system,

So based on the fact whether XI2 is a part of your SLD or not, you can configure (In XI1) a 'party' or 'service without party' and use "XI ADAPTER" to connect the XI2

with the path as '/sap/xi/engine?type=entry', because of this there is NO other sender adapter settings to be done in XI2. you can create the reciever determination with the sending 'party' or 'service' of XI1 (which ever is appropriate)in your XI2.

Also, you need to arrange for the Certificates of XI2 and put in STRUST of your XI1, so the mesgs would be transmitted without any error. These are some of the specific settings, other normal settings/configurations are as like for anyother system.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishnu,

can u suggest any example scenario of using xi adaptor, i dont have any idea about of configuration in<b> xi in second side</b> , <b>we have to do some other configuration in xi in sender side</b>

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can use ABAP/JAVA proxies for the connectivity between XI AND XI as the WAS server > 6.40.We do need any adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this. I know that we can connect from XI to XI using the native XI protocol.

I would like to know the steps to go through in order to enable this.

Thanks,