cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFolders - message on updating folder object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When a folder contains more than one object, and a user updates one of the objects, I would like to display a message in the application to remind the user to consider updating the other objects.

Any ideas how this can be achieved?

Many thanks,

A cFolders novice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you can use the SUBSCRIBE feature of the folder.

So that an automatic notification will be send to all users who are subscribed to the folder..

This notification can go as a email too...

But one problem is that all users have to do this explictly.

Else write a program that will do this for all users(who are authorised, of course) on a given folder.

regards

Murugesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

As per my knowledge, this is not a standard functionality in cFolders. You can achieve this feature using the BADI implementation CFX_MPN_USER_EXT.

Please go through the documentation of the same. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the mentioned BADI is not made for this purpose. It is related to the linking of an MPN to an internal / standard material.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for the correction! The BADI that I had mentioned cannot be used for this case. Probably the implementation CFX_GENERIC_OBJECT, methods CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE and AFTER_SAVE can help.

Thanks again for the corrections!

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the helpful reply.

I created a new implementation of badi CFX_GENERIC_OBJECT then put a break point in the CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE and AFTER_SAVE methods. I set the filter for the implementation to OBJECTTYPE - don't know if this is right - and activated everything.

I cannot seem to hit the break point from cFolders. I have a document and a discussion both residing in the same folder. When I add an entry to the discussion, I was hoping this would drop into the badi.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again, Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

CFX_GENERIC_OBJECT will be called only for objects like MPN, IPPE. [these are the object that are defined using an XML.].

As you want any change in the folder to be captured this might not help you completely. Subscribe will be able to do that, but it has its disadvantages.

-Murugesh