cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make system copy by using directory coy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have production system with following details,

SAP - ECC6.0

DB - Oracle 10.2

OS - Windows 2003 64 bit EE.

So I have Another system Identical to the PRD. I also Installed SAP on this system with same SIDand instance number. Now I want to make this system identical to the original system PRD. Only host name and IP of two systems is diffrent.

I made this PRD down, and then I copied all data files and relog files at respective position. But now may SAP on standby machine is not getting up. So I am unable to proceed further. So tell me what to do next?

At anysituation I want to make both system Identical. Please specify me the solution by your experience in descriptive way (like by adding commands) so that I can proceed further.

Thanks and regards,

Jayendra.

Edited by: Jayendra Gangundi on Feb 3, 2008 5:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refere to system copy guide.

It is a special installation section in SAPinst and will take care of all steps.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Install Oracle without database installation in Destination system if it’s a new system

2. Install SAP Central Instance only in the Destination system. (Database instance installation not required.

3. To create a trace file in the source system execute the following command in sql prompt.

Alter database backup controlfile to trace;

(control file will be created)

Go to \oracle\<SID>\saptrace - sort with date (take the latest file)

Open the file, in the middle of the file copy from this starting lines to the end of the below line.

STARTUP NOMOUNT

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "PRD" NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG

……..

…………..

CHARACTER SET UTF8

;

4. Paste the above information in a notepad file and save as “control.sql” (sql script file) and copy to the c:\ drive of the destination system.

5. Copy the offline backup files to the destination system by creating the folder and subfolder and copy the files to the same folder and subfolder mentioned in the trace file (control.sql).

Dos command mk dir <folder name>, <subfolder name>, <subfolder name>

The above DOS commands will create the folder and subfolder in a single shot.

6. Copy the init<SID>.prd, init<SID>.ora, init<SID>.sap from the source system (oracle\ora92\database) and paste to the same folder in the destination system. (if the system id is same and control file location are same no need to use the next two point)

7. and rename the file name by changing the <SID> to be the same as Destination system.

8. Open the initTST.ora file and change the values or (disable by #) accordingly for host name, drive change of control file location of destination server etc. e.g

db_name='TST'

*.control_files='F:\oracle\PRD

*.fal_client='TST'

*.fal_server='PRDSTDY'

9. Copy the tnsname.ora, sqlnet.ora, listener.ora from \ ora92\network\admin and save it to destination system \ ora92\network\admin.

Open tnsnames.ora file in notepad and change the <sid>.world to current <sid>.world

Open listner.ora file in notepad and change the <sid> to current <sid> and the path of oracle.

(If required by the destination system of any port change in oracle, kindly changes the port no.)

10. Open the control file from the destination system c:\ in notepad and edit the following lines

Remove the first line “STARTUP NOMOUNT”

CREATE CONTROLFILE set DATABASE "TST" RESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG (this will set the database as “TST” and reset the logs newly (with this the archive logs are not able to apply from the source system. new logs will be created in the destination system from no.1).

If you want to apply archive logs from source system then you have to issue “noresetlogs”

11. Login to SQL prompt and issue

Oradim –NEW –SID TST –INTPWD ORACLE –STARTMODE a;

@c:\control.sql

Startup nomount pf=D:oracle\ora92\database\initTST.ora (this is the path of your init<SID>.ora

Sqlplus “/as sysdba”

Oradim –delete –sid tst;

Oradim –new –sid tst –intpwd oracle –startmode a;

Open the database with Startup nomount

And check the tables for oracle is working or not. (If working)

12. Change the schemas objects (OPS$, SID users etc) in Oracle by issue the following command

C:\Documents and Settings\tstadm>set oracle_sid=tst

C:\Documents and Settings\tstadm>sqlplus "/as sysdba"

SQL> desc all_users;

Name Null? Type

-

-

-

USERNAME NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)

USER_ID NOT NULL NUMBER

CREATED NOT NULL DATE

SQL> select username from all_users;

USERNAME

-

SYS

SYSTEM

OUTLN

DBSNMP

OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM

SAPPRD

OPS$JMPRD\SAPSERVICEPRD

VERIT

OPS$JMDR\PRDADM

OPS$JMDR\SAPSERVICEPRD

SQL> select owner from dba_tables where table_name='SAPUSER';

OWNER

-

OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM

OPS$JMDR\PRDADM

SQL> drop table "OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM".SAPUSER;

Table dropped.

SQL> drop table "OPS$JMDR\PRDADM".sapusEr;

Table dropped.

SQL> select owner from dba_tables where table_name='SAPUSER';

no rows selected

SQL> DESC V$TABLESPACE;

Name Null? Type

-

-

-

TS# NUMBER

NAME VARCHAR2(30)

INCLUDED_IN_DATABASE_BACKUP VARCHAR2(3)

SQL> SELECT NAME FROM v$TABLESPACE;

NAME

-

SYSTEM

PSAPUNDO

PSAPPRD

PSAPPRD640

PSAPPRDUSR

PSAPUNDO1

PSAPTEMP

7 rows selected.

SQL> CREATE USER "OPS$TSTADM" DEFAULT TABLESPACE PSAPPRDUSR TEMPORARY TABLESPACE PSAPTEMP IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;

User created.

SQL> SELECT USERNAME FROM ALL_USERS;

USERNAME

-

SYS

SYSTEM

OUTLN

DBSNMP

OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM

SAPPRD

OPS$JMPRD\SAPSERVICEPRD

VERIT

OPS$JMDR\PRDADM

OPS$JMDR\SAPSERVICEPRD

OPS$TSTADM

11 rows selected.

SQL> DROP USER "OPS$JMDR\PRDADM";

User dropped.

SQL> DROP USER "OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM";

User dropped.

SQL> GRANT CONNECT ,RESOURCE TO "OPS$TSTADM";

Grant succeeded.

SQL> create table "OPS$TSTADM".SAPUSER ( USERID VARCHAR2(256), PASSWD VARCHAR2 (

256));

Table created.

SQL> ALTER USER SAPPRD IDENTIFIED BY SAP;

User altered.

SQL> insert into "OPS$TSTADM".SAPUSER values ('SAPPRD', 'sap');

1 row created.

SQL> SELECT OWNER, TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME FROM DBA_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME=

'SAPUSER';

OWNER TABLE_OWNER

-

-

TABLE_NAME

-

OPS$JMPRD\SAPSERVICEPRD OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM

SAPUSER

OPS$JMDR\SAPSERVICEPRD OPS$JMDR\PRDADM

SAPUSER

SQL> create public synonym sapuser for "OPS$TSTADM".SAPSUER;

Synonym created.

SQL> SELECT OWNER, TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME FROM DBA_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME=

'SAPUSER';

OWNER TABLE_OWNER

-

-

TABLE_NAME

-

OPS$JMPRD\SAPSERVICEPRD OPS$JMPRD\PRDADM

SAPUSER

OPS$JMDR\SAPSERVICEPRD OPS$JMDR\PRDADM

SAPUSER

PUBLIC OPS$TSTADM

SAPSUER

SQL> CREATE USER "OPS$ORATST" DEFAULT TABLESPACE PSAPPRDUSR TEMPORARY TABLESPACE

PSAPTEMP IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;

User created.

SQL> GRANT CONNECT ,RESOURCE TO "OPS$ORATST";

Grant succeeded.

SQL> CREATE SYNONYM "OPS$ORATST".SAPUSER FOR "OPS$TSTADM".SAPUSER;

Synonym created.

13. Only change the above user and passwords only.

14. Go to My computer \ properties \advanced\environment variables\ user variables\

Change theVARIABLE = “DBS_ORA_SCHEMA” and VALUE = <old value of the source sys> SAPPRD

Why we are changing these values is because the schemas are in the form of old system only.

(not changed). So the new value has to be changed to source value.

15. Try to start the listener by issuing “lsnrctl” command from sql prompt, then

Status

Start

Stop

TNSPING TST

Exit

These above commands are to know the listener status.

16. Then supply this command in SQL prompt

sapprd /sap@TST here sapprd is the old schema object and TST is the destination SID

17. Schema names will be always old sid names

18. Start the SAPMMC.

The above procedure for Oracle 9. You can user the same procedure for Oracle 10 too.

rgds,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already installed database and SAP central instance on standby machine. Is there any need to copy any other folders of SAP. And creating control file at which location? Is it necessory to create at same location or create it at diffrent location? Wnd what to do after that?

And I cant keep same host name? Because I need stand by system for diffrent purpose i.e. 'DATA GUARD' for which the two host name should be diffrent.

Please help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jayendra,

In this scenerio i am suggesting you to USE SAME HOST NAME. and also in this case use the same directory structure as well.

Secondly follow the standard SAP propcedures to Make system copy you won't get any kind of problem.

Regards,

Rohit