cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc XML to a flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

On my system SAP, i need to send a IDOC to XI who convert it to a flat file idoc like this :

SAP => IDOC XML => XI => FLAT FILE IDOC.

Can anyone help me on this subject.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting one, if I understood it correctly!

Do you really need XI as a receiver of IDoc?

You can very well write the file in R/3 itself with a file port and poll using XI' File/FTP adapter.

Do you need this functionality for some very specific requirement?

regards,

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

My interface is like this :

When i create or modifie a purchase order in SAP, automatically an idoc was sent to XI who transform the idoc to a flat file (this file have the same structure of Idoc).

I want to know how to convert a XMl IDOC to a flat file.

Hassiba

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need the file in the idoc structure itself, I would suggest to create the file in R/3 and poll the file from XI.

Otherwise creating a flat file from the IDOC XML using the file-content conversion will be very cumbersome.

I don't find any other way to create the idoc flat file, anyone has a better idea??

But the polling solution will not work online. Still assuming that the file you create in the output side will be polled at some regular interval by some other application, make the polling frequency of the XI sender adapter same as the one of application at the output side should be enough.

If you are doing this as an experiment, I suggest you to create a file-content-conversion

regards,

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hassiba

Check this link for information.... /people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Good luck!

Barry Neaves