Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marked for Deletion

manisha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to delete a codition table in access sequence and add the same key with a different sequence. When I'm trying to do so it says that the "table already exist with a different key". This is happening because these tables are marked for deletion. I have two questions

Q1) What is the difference between "DELETION" & "MARKED FOR DELETION"?

Q2) How to change the settings for the same..

Reagrds

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl try this way. first delete the required contion table from the access sequence. Now before you assign it again with a different key, first save the change made becuase of deletion.

Now try to assing that condition with a different key as per your requirement. I hope it should work.

The records marked for deletion are first written into the deletion buffer. If you choose Save, the system generates a where-used list for the records marked for deletion. Master data that is no longer being used in other objects is deleted.

regards

sadhu kishore

manisha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu Kishore,

Thanks for your reply it worked...

But did not eaxctly understood the difference between "DELETION & MARKED FOR DELETION"

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

good it worked. for example if you goto VK12 for say PR00 condition for a given material you can delete by selecting the icon at the bottom. Now you will find a deletion indicator being set for this record. On the right side of this condition record you will find few columns where you can see the deletion indicator. At this moment your record is just marked for deletion and you can always undo the deletion. But if you delete them physically you will no longer be able to retreive them back.

regards

sadhu kishore