cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO with SAP R/3 integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

From a technical perspective, what is it that a developer should know to work on SAP APO with SAP R/3 integration. Kindly elaborate on this if you can...

Thanks in advance.

Marvin

Edited by: Marvin Jones on Feb 3, 2008 5:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a developer it would be the CIF related User Exits / BADIs both on aPO and R/3 side.

Also a good understanding of the data field mapping (especially for Master Data) would help.

And how to debug CIF queues especailly while developing CIF exits is required.

Check out SCM [Master Data|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/SCMMasterData] and[CIF Wiki|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF].

Hope this helps.

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Somnath,

I've got an idea from the things that you mentioned. could you give me insight into a scenario where the integration of APO and R/3 requires ABAP coding and will it be object oriented or just simple ABAP. I just want to know if there will be an immense amount of coding to be written.

Thanks in advance....

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard APO and R/3 CIF integration does not need additional ABAP coding.

However if you are going to enhance any master or transaction data while transfer via CIF using BADI or User-exits then good amount of ABAP expertise is required.

Per my understanding USer-exits are classical ABAP while BADI are Object-oriented.

While I cannot comment if there will be "immense" amount of coding to be done but CIF user exits remain a critical component of any implementation. Its not the "amount" but "complexity" - need to understand the source system and target system behaiour and then accordingly modify, that matters.

Thumbrule - if its master data modification then its simple. If its transaction data modification then its can become quite complex.

Hope this helps.

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million Somnath.

Your the best that can happen to this forum.

Answers (0)