cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

industry wise implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi every body,

actually SRM have different business scenarios(pdp,ccm,sourcing,sus,ssp,sp etc..)&technical scenarios(classic,extended classic,standalone,decoupled)....ok upto this we know, now iam asking one thing i.e.., which industries r implement these diffferent business&technical scenarios? how it is possible? is it directly first implementation of SRM or second implementation of SRM? or after implementing the R/3 modules like(MM,PP,SD,FICO,WM etc..)

pls iam requesting everybody,to put an eye for giving clear answers with explanations on these issues.points will b awarded asap for best answers.

Best Regards

rakhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakhi,

what you are asking, is the baseline for a whole industry called Consulting ... .

Companies implement scenarios based on their needs and processes. There are all scenarios out there, most use classic & extended classic. It can be first implementation, follow on implementation, etc. . Usually there is a roadmap defined, what is implemented when.

There are no issues. It is a matter of requirements, putting the right elements together and get the project done.

Cheers,

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,claudia, still i did not get clearity,pls give me the detailed solution.points will b awarded soon.

warmregards

rakhi

Edited by: RAKHI on Feb 3, 2008 10:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too have same question. Till now I have seen several projects but all they have gone from R/3 to SRM. Their answer was that backend ERP is necessary so first level implmentation of R/3 is must. Standalone scenario I never came across any project. I will also watch this thread as I too wanted some experts answers.

Munna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of information you are looking for? There is not just one answer how to do what. Like said, there are many factors, like processes, business, existing IT solutions etc., why there is blueprinting and solution design. Nevertheless, let me try to further answer.

There is no question R/3 or SRM. SRM is not yet there to replace all MM functionality and FI/CO are the minimum needed to financial integration. There more modules are in place and needed for business, MM is integrated and both SRM & R/3 need to be designed to play together. Things getting much more interesting, when designing for SOA and utilizing services for purchasing.

There are a few customers out there with stand alone, e.g. when having only FI/CO in place, no production (e.g. Financial Industry) or being a non SAP customer. They just want to utilize catalog purchasing.

A typical customer has SAP R/3 in place and adds SRM into the landscape with classic or extended classic; or a customer consolidates into a new one client implementation and does all the needed modules in parallel. The more a company is production driven / material master record driven, the more R/3 plays the main part for sourcing and the solution design needs to be looked thouroughly. A tendency goes to classic. When separation of commodities / organizational duties are possible extended classic is possible. There are several restrictions which need to be considered when opting for several business scenarios in parallel. Adjustments are done and put together the fitting solution.

Cheers,

C

Please reward point for suitable answers!