Hi.

I configure switchover system.

When switchove happened,

if some transaction executed(with DB access),

"SQL Error DB Connection fail" occured.

And user session(I mean SAP GUI) down.

Offcource wait a minutes(till switchover complete),

user can re-connect SAP GUI.

But nobody knows " What happened? How long should I wait".

This is razzy for end user.

I hear "reconnect parameter" solve this problem.

I find SAP Note 98051 and 24806.

The point is anyone execute actually.

Is this the best solution?

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Takefumi,

When it switches over, it actually shuts down the SAP instance that is switching over and then starts it on the new instance. Any users who are on the instance (normally central instance) that is switching over get logged off. Anyone who is on the application servers just gets an hourglass for about 30 seconds whilst the message server switches over.

The SQL Error DB Connection fail is probably because the database is switching over as well, so basically it loses connection to the DB.

What we did where I used to work is just have users logged on to application servers, then they did not get logged off. You do get a few DB and update errors whilstthe swtichover happens, but it is better than losing your entire system.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Paul.

Thank you for your replying.

So, I get a little bit a sence.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How long the application server keeps trying ? Assume ci went down (which means ms.sap service went down) and it did failover onto other node and CI and Database is started, assume it takes 20mins to 30mins to do this. Will the app server still gets a reconnect or do we need to restart app server ?

Thanks