cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding of SAP different versions and servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am lamer in SAP area and after reading all the material on internet i still can not understand the different versions and servers which are mentioned everywhere thus i decided to ask from experts here for a good understandable answer for a novice user like me .

i have many questions like the Difference between ECC ( versions) , SAP Web AS , EP and more , also on the SAP site i got that some WAS versions 6.20 , 6.30 , 6.40 .

please give some hirerichal structure of the SAP technology so that i can better understand that .

Thanks for your kind attention.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ou can use SAP R/3 to manage functional systems in an organization. A firm will have functional systems, such as human resource system, sales and distribution, material management. Each functional system has a collection of business application tools and a set of tables to store the application data. For example, the sales and distribution module has the application tools to prepare billing and sales documents.

SAP R/3 uses Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) language to develop interactive business applications. All the application tools in SAP R/3 are written in ABAP language. A firm can customize standard business applications by modifying the standard ABAP code and using the modified application for its own specific business requirements.

Human Resource System-- Payroll and employee welfare benefits

Logistic System-- Production and manufacturing

Sales and Distribution-- Sale and distribution of finished products

Financial Accounting-- General ledger, tax, accounts receivable, and accounts payable

Control Cost elements, cost centers, and profit centers

Production Planning-- Capacity planning, master production scheduling, and material requirements planning

Materials Management-- Requisitions, purchase orders, goods receipts, and accounts payable

Quality Management-- Planning, execution, inspections, and certification

Plant Maintenance-- Labor, material, down time, and outages

Cross Application-- Workflow, business information warehouse, workplace, and industry solutions

Advantages of the SAP R/3 ERP Package

The advantages of a SAP R/3 ERP package are:

Integrates all functional modules to create a centralized system. As a result, application data can be shared between various functional modules.

Is customizable to the needs of an organization.

Is available in several programming languages. In addition, it provides various translation tools.

Note Translation tools are provided by SAP to convert short text, comments, and long texts from a source language to a target language. To access these tools, use the SE63 transaction code.

Supports multiple currencies. The ERP package can be customized to conversion and exchange rates specific to a region.

Supports Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), such as Oracle 8.x, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2/Unix, DB2/AS400, and DB2 MVS.

Integrates with e-mail applications, third party applications, and B2B sites.

Hope this is helpful, Do reward.