cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding of SAP different versions and servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am lamer in SAP area and after reading all the material on internet i still can not understand the different versions and servers which are mentioned everywhere thus i decided to ask from experts here for a good understandable answer for a novice user like me .

i have many questions like the Difference between ECC ( versions) , SAP Web AS , EP and more , also on the SAP site i got that some WAS versions 6.20 , 6.30 , 6.40 .

please give some hirerichal structure of the SAP technology so that i can better understand that .

Thanks for your kind attention.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are the different versions of sap :-

R/3 Enterprise 4.6C (old version)

R/3 Enterprise 4.7

mysap ERP 2004 (also known as ECC 5.0)

mysap ERP 2005 (also known as ECC 6.0)

SAP NW04 == SAP Netweaver 04 (SAP web application 6.40)

SAP NW2004s = SAP Netweaver 2004s (SAP web application 7.00) -

latest version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abinash,

As per your info SAP Netweaver 2004S is the latest so if I download the Trial Version of SAP Netweaver 2004s for Java for Windows, can I login to Portal using GUI and will I be able to get all the feautres of IDES on this trial version. What is the difference between SAP Netweaver 2004s for Java and SAP Netweaver 2004s for ABAP?

Thanks,

Mukesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

1. We install database on OS ==> Which mean OS is platform for the Database.

2. We install SAP netweaver on Database and OS ==> which means Database and OS are platforms for the Netweaver.

3. We have to install SAP Applications (ERP core components-ECC, SCM, SRM ...) on SAP netweaver ==> which means SAP netweaver is the platform for SAP applications

Enterprise portal -EP, Business Intelligence-BI, Process Integration - PI ... etc. are parts of Netweaver platform ..

Each of this is having its own specific functionality ...

If you want BI functionality for your SAP Applications, you need to choose BI while installing netweaver.

If you want to integrate your SAP Applications with SAP R3 systems or some thrid party application like Oracle Applications .... you need to choose PI while installing SAP netwaver.

If you still feel that you need further clarification, please let me know.

Regards,

Abhishek Thota

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Just fiddle around with : http://service.sap.com/pam

and you will get to know answers to all your questions.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

ECC is ERP Central Component

EP is Enterprise portal

WEBAS is Web application server

WAS 6.20, 6.30, 6.40 are different versions of of WEB Application server.

Hope this clarifies some of your doubts.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rewards point if useful