cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi chaps one doubt please

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have ECC6 box, one more MS CRM box. We can access MS CRM with Webservices, we given WSDL file which has't got schema.

1.How can you contact MS system via webservices?

2.Can we approach this way? On ECC6 box can we configure PI/XI with same SID, sender side SOAP to access webserives -

> receiver ECC6 (ABAP proxy) populate the data into tables?

3. Is there any best approach?

Please can you give me the best approach stars?

One million thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please find here with you the try to answer some of your questions,

*1.How can you contact MS system via webservices? *

You could contact Microsoft CRM system via Webservice to XI with SOAP or HTTP communication.

As you told that the WSDL file which hasn't got schema, then you could design the required structure in XI and generate the wsdl for it. The newly generated wsld could be easily deployed in the existing WebService.

2.Can we approach this way? On ECC6 box can we configure PI/XI with same SID, sender side SOAP

to access webserives -

> receiver ECC6 (ABAP proxy) populate the data into tables?

Well you can configure PI/XI on ECC6 box, but personally I will not prefer or Even SAP will also never preferred it. As it could create lots of performance problem while processing even after good configurations.

With ECC6 you could use ABAP proxy and communicate with PI/XI but confugre the PI/XI on different server rather than having one single host.

3. Is there any best approach?

The best approach will be as below and mentioned in above two points

ABAP Proxy <-> XI<-> MS CRM (SOAP/HTTP) WebService

Please let me know if you need anymore information

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I really appreciate your answers. Sorry I forgot to mention one thing. Client is not accepting separate XI box. WSDL file created on MS services. In this case what would you recommand? I tried to creat ABAP proxy based on WSDL file, It throws an error like "extensions are not accepting". Here WSDL file got extensions(custom validations). This is the situtation now? Can you please recommand any point to point connection?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is the case then probably you need to install XI/ PI on single host.

But if you will be using the XI/PI only for this interface then better idea will be to develop ABAP webservice through RFC Function Modules and communicate with MS CRM Websrvice.

Please go through below links to develop ABAP Webservices for it.

Developing ABAP websevice

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices

Consuming webservice from ABAP

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

and check out the all the other webservice related and other weblog by Thomas

/people/thomas.jung3/blog

In transaction LPCONFIG, create a new logical port for the proxy class. Mark the logical port as a standard port. Then choose the destination and activate it.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 3, 2008 4:51 AM

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 3, 2008 4:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks again. While I am consuming webservices from ABAP to create proxy, it throws an error about extentions. Web services already exist why do we need to create webservices from BAPI/RFC again? (Please exceuse if I am wrong). This scenario is PoC any way, can we work with this XI/PI approach?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger Bass

Well still there few issues about extentions. That could be said as limitaion while extending the wsdl ie.e consuming webservices from ABAP to create proxy.

I will suggest as you had Webservice are already exist on Web application server, but you need some medium to deploy these Webservices through BAPI or RFC.

Best way to import that wsdl file in XI and regenerate and activate the proxy.

This could solve the problem.

Thanks

Swarup