cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to seperate BI 7.0 from ECC 6.0..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have very strange situation. My friend has installed SAP ECC and BI demo IDE on hard drive and I am currently practicing BI 7.0. on his machine. However when I login to the IDE I can do both the BI and ECC transactions (eg: RSA1 and Me23n ) in the same client. I am using client 800 to login..

However due to this problem I am not able to successfully configure source systems in BI. How do I go about this problem ? It seems like BI is embedded with ECC 6.0 as the same server.

I am new to SAP but have been in data warehousing for many many years. My goal is to learn the complete SAP BI dataflow..

Since he is not here right now and is the SAP expert, therefore I would appreciate all the inputs that I can get to fix this problem.

Edited by: it guru on Feb 2, 2008 3:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When using BI within an SAP ERP system, you must have a different client for BI to the ERP data client (the client also needs to have a unique logical system name to the ERP client). Most of the extractors cannot extract and load within the same client.

You should create a new client and logical system name for the BI system. You will also need to use steps from SAP note 122679

to change the default client for the BI transactions (i.e. RSA1) to the new client.

Cheers,

Mike.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your reply. Can you please email me some of the instructions on how to to create a new client and also assign it a logical name. Also I dont have access to the OSS notes. Could you please paste the instructions here.

I will really appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're an "it guru" and you need detailed instructions ! Strange !

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my experience sometimes a "guru" is someone who understands all that they still have yet to learn.

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funny, I thought "guru" was an Indian word meaning "expert"