Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWare on Windows - R/3 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does VMWare support SAP R/3 4.7 ??

I have to replicate the current Production (customization) for another company. The current production server is on AS 400 and DB400 (IBM iSeries).

The new production would be using Windows and SQL Server 2005 and the Dev and Prd for the new company would be installed on the same server using VMWare. There would be one more server which would be a failover Prd and would be mirrored; VMotion would be used for live synchronization.

Please also let me know the sizing guidelines for the VMWare server. How much extra hardware would I need for the VMWare Server as compared to the old development and production ? Also, please guide me on the recommended servers for VMWare.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Does VMWare support SAP R/3 4.7 ??

You have to ask the question vice-versa - does SAP provide support for their applications under VMWare (and to be precise - the database vendors).

> I have to replicate the current Production (customization) for another company. The current production server is on AS 400 and DB400 (IBM iSeries).

>

> The new production would be using Windows and SQL Server 2005 and the Dev and Prd for the new company would be installed on the same server using VMWare. There would be one more server which would be a failover Prd and would be mirrored; VMotion would be used for live synchronization.

This is a heterogeneous system migration, if you plan to use the system as production system, you need to buy a certified migration consultant (http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration).

> Please also let me know the sizing guidelines for the VMWare server. How much extra hardware would I need for the VMWare Server as compared to the old development and production ? Also, please guide me on the recommended servers for VMWare.

Read note 674851 - Virtualization on Windows

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya, I wanted to know if I would be able to install SAP R/3 4.7 on VMWare.

Also, should I size the server on quicksizer and then add the memory needed by VMWare?

Thanks,

Neha