cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDLS was canceled in test run, cannot rerun without error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running ECC 6.0 and ran BDLS, after a system copy, with test run. We canceled the job after a long runtime to run at another time, however it will not start up again. We receive message "A Process is Running for Test Run." I tried cleaning the conversion logs as suggested by SAP docs and notes, but to no avail.

Here is the log from run:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RBDLSMAP, variant &0000000000005, user ID DSTAVALO)

The new logical system name SNDCLNT030 is assigned to the current client 030

A Process is Running for Test Run PRDCLNT030 -> SNDCLNT030

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

Your help is appreciated!

Regards,

Domenick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try as below ...

• Execute tcode BDLS in the business client. If there is more than one business client, this needs to be executed in each client.

• Enter the old logical system name (source DB's logical system name) and the new logical system name (target DB's original logical system name before the copy). Ensure that the button "Conversion of client-dep and client indep tables" is selected. Uncheck “Test run” and “Check Existence of New Names in Tables”. (some times need to uncheck this also)

• Execute the transaction in the background by selecting Program – Execute in background. You may get a warning that the new logical system name is already in use. (***press enter***) Ignore that warning. This can execute for a few minutes to several hours depending on the size of the database.

Regards...

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manu!

Except the problem was a lock in SM12 on the previous BDLS job running. Once I deleted it I was able to run another BDLS session.

Thanks,

Domenick

Answers (0)