cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform and Sapscript issue: Regarding spacing between characters,words

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in SAPScript and Smartform like this. Can anyone please help me how to do this?

There is a Addrees Window. In this window, there is a name1,name2,strret address,country.

For example in "Name": John Edwards

How to do this below functionality in "Name":

Ensure that the distance between 2 words must be a minimum of 1 character, a maximum of 3

Ensure that the distance between two characters within a word must be between 0.5 and 2mm

I appreciate your help!!

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To insure the minimun space between two words you can use the CONDENSE command. For Smartforms, you need to create a program lines before printing the name and put a code like:

CONDENSE W_NAME.

For mainting the space between the charachters you need to do some settings in the Smartstyle (for Smartform) or Basic Settings in Header (for SapScript).

In Smartstyle you will find "Characters Per Inch" in the the Header Section > Standard Settings tab. Set as per your need.

For SapScript, you will find it under Header > Basic settings as charcters/inch. Set as per your need.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naimesh,

Thanks for your quick response.

Here is my SAP SCRIPT ADDRESS window:

In that my requirment :

Ensure that the distance between 2 words must be a minimum of 1 character, a maximum of 3 in Address window.

I didn't understand how to do that with CONDENSE command:

ADDRESS PARAGRAPH AS

TITLE &ADRS-ANRED&

NAME &ADRS-NAME1&,&ADRS-NAME2&,&ADRS-NAME3&,&ADRS-NAME4&

STREET &ADRS-STRAS&

POBOX &ADRS-PFACH& CODE &ADRS-PSTL2& CITY &ADRS-PFORT&

POSTCODE &ADRS-PSTLZ&

REGION &ADRS-REGIO&

CITY &ADRS-ORT01&, &ADRS-ORT02&

COUNTRY &ADRS-LAND1&

FROMCOUNTRY &ADRS-INLND&

ENDADDRESS

1) How to add that command in above window. Is it correct?

Ex: NAME CONDENSE &ADRS-NAME1&

2) If I use CONDENSE command, it displays one space between two words. But in my requirement I need to set up like gap is minimum 1 space and maximaum 3 spaces. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Monica