cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Sales Order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May i know the steps in broad lines after we created a sales order in VA01 ? The Schedule lines are created.

After that, what are the steps follow, like delivery notes, goods issue, PGI ? I hear a lot on this, but dont know the clear purpose/sequence of these. Can you just pls explain in simpler terms without many details ? If possible, with the tcodes.

I also want to understand whats Material Document ? why is this created and who creates (mm or sd ) ?

thanks in advance..

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating the sales order,

create delivery VL02n

create transfer order LT03

go to the delivery document-- Edit--- post goods issue.

create invoice VF01

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi, sadhu

Thanks for your inputs. Now i am clear.

Thank you all for your help.

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

venkat,

iam impressed to see perhaps an ideal way of using this forum where you checked for answers, rewarded them per you satisfaction and most importantly marked it as Complete. I hope many others also can follow this healthy way of using this terrific forum.

Best Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murlai, Jonathan, sharmila

Thanks a lot for your help. I have better understanding now.

May i know the purpose of the material document, why should i review it ?

• though i gave the points to you, your help is more than that.

thx

venkat

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

With regard to the purpose of Material Document, In the Inventory Management system, when a goods movement is posted, a material document is generated that serves as proof of the movement and as a source of information for any applications that follow.

A material document consists of a header and at least one item. The header contains general data about the movement (for example, its date). Each item describes one movement.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a material document denotes the change taken place with respect to the stock movement. Like when you do a goods issue, the plant stock is reduced. This is affected by the movment type since it has a negative indicator. with reference to the valuation class of the material, the movement type used the required GL's are updated on the FI side. All this information is captured under a material document which is generated when you do PGI.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

1. When you create the sales order T.code (VA01) the availability check will be triggered, based on that the material will get conform quantity and conformed date at schedule line in the sales order and also transfer of requirement will de send to the Production Planning.

2.After creation of the sales order the delivery will be created with reference to sales order (T.Code VL01N).

3.In the delivery creation these are the steps involved

a.Picking the goods:- If the delvery is not relevent for Wear house manage you can pick the goods in the through entering the pick quantity(T.code VL01NorVL02N).

If the delevery is relevent for wearhouse management we need to pick the goods through the transfer order t.code is LT03.

b.Packing the goods:- If the goods are relevent for packing we need to do the packing at delivery through clicking on the packing tab t.code VL01n or VL02N.

c.PGI :- The last activity but not least in the delivery creation is Post Goods issue(PGI),when you complete the PGI the delevery process is over.

When you do the PGI two documents will be generated 1.Material document 2.Accounting document

Material document will not be created by SD or MM people that will be created by the System in the background while doing PGI.

4..After completion of the PGI Invoice will be created (T.code VF01)with reference to the delivery Document

I hope I making you clear,

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

there are two scenarios you should look at: without WM and with WM.

1. without WM

VA01 - create sales order (look at the shipping points and schedule lines and note confirmation date). when you save the document an order number will be generated.

VL01N - create delivery (enter the correct shipping points, delivery dates and order number)

inside the delivery, enter picking quantity and batch (if relevant). click on post goods issue. a delivery number will be generated. if you created output condition records, the delivery noted will be automatically printed.

VF01 - create billing (enter the delivery number). save. if output condition records were created, the invoice will be printed automatically.

2. with WM

the difference is during delivery processing.

VA01

VL01N - create delivery (the picking fields will not allow entry). save. a delivery number will be entered.

LT03 - create transfer order (select picking strategy: 1 - select delivery quantity for picking quantity, 2- the same plus post goods issue). you may post goods issue either through VL02N (change delivery) or VL06O collective posting.

VF01

regards.