cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I write data back to DSO in visual composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a model in visual composer that queries on a write-optimised DSO in BI. Basically I have created a form that lists the all the fields (like Quotations,Materials, plants) in vc.

The business requirement is that the users should be able to be create or change the data in the fields through this form and then I should be able to write back the data(material and plant) back to the DSO.

But I don’t see any of the services/RFCS/BAPIs listed under SAP_BW system in Visual Composer like they are listed under R/3 systems . By services/BAPIs, I meant APIs like – RSDRI_ODSO_MODIFY_RFC or BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA_UC.

What else do I need to configure to see these RFCs in VC.

Please suggest.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pallavi,

to be able to view rfcs/bapis, get portal administrators to create a system of type SAP_R3 for the same BW server and assign permissions for ur userid to view the system.

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot prachi for you reply,

Our SAP_BW system is already configured as 'Like R/3 system'.My admin gave my userid read/write permission under systemAdmin->permissions in portal. But I am still not able to view any BAPIs under SAP_BW system in Visual Composer.

Can you please tell me where can I configure my user to have 'View system' permission and does this need to be added in SAP_BW under System Landscape in portal ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pallavi,

As Prachi said you have to have a like R3 setup to see Bapis. So you would have two sistems.For example: SAP_BI (where you can call queries in BW system) and BWR3 (where you can call BAPIs from BW system).

Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the help!

It solved my problem. This time I didn't change the system to SAP_BI from the dropdown, but let it remain as R/3.