cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically add material to sales order/delivery when a mat. is ordered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When an order is created for a certain material I need another material to be added to the order automatically.

I have tried using material determination for this but it seems that only the subitem is a deliverable item, the "material entered" cannot be picked. I am unable to use a Sales BOM because that would require the creation of a new material.

Any advice appreciated, points will be rewarded.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You try with Cross selling process you may get your requirement.

1.First you do the configuration for the cross selling.Menupath for corss selling configuration is

IMG>Sales and distribution>Basic functions>Cross selling>Define detemination for cross selling,Maintain Customer/Document procedure for cross selling and Define and assign cross selling profile.

Here you select field Material from field catelog, you put it in the access sequence then assign the access sequence to your cross selling condition type.

2. You maintain condition record for that cross selling type through the transaction VB41.

Here system will give key combination with material there you enter your base material in the detailed screen you enter tail material then save the record.

3.Now you create sales order with sales area which you maintained Cross selling profile,you enter the base material you will get tail material automatically.

I hope it will solve you problem

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I am still unable to get it working. I need to automatically assign the material and cross selling does not seem to work for this.

The cross selling functionality displays a dialogue box where the user must choose the item. As we create many sales orders using an interface, this is not possible.

Does anyone know how a subitem can be added automatically?

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

example of Expanding Bills of Material in Sales Documents:

item cat. grp.ERLA :

item cat. of main item: TAQ

item cat. of sub-item TAE

item cat. grp.LUMF :

item cat. of main item: TAP

item cat. of sub-item TAN

To determine how far the BOM should be expanded in the sales document,

you need to define the extent of the structure of the item category for the main item.

When you determine the sub-items, the system also needs to know the

item category of the higher-level item.

In Customizing for item categories, you control which items are relevant to

pricing and how you want to implement requirements transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. I am not able to use a sales BOM because we need to continue using the one material number and not create a new one since we have the one material in catalogs, etc.

Any other suggestions to automatically add a material to a sales order when a certain material is entered? Many orders come in via interface so the solution needs to be completely automated.

Thanks!

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

To futher clarify:

I would like to create a condition like material determination where

Material entered = XXXX, Subsitution material=YYYY

On sales order if material XXXX is ordered then material YYYY is automatically derrived as a subitem (or item) and both items are copied to delivery and issued from stock when goods issue is posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello thomas,

you should use cross selling condition. (CS01 SAP standart provided)

TCODE VB41

This is exactly what you need.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you please the requirement more clearly. If want " another material to be added automatically" means whats the functionality you are expecting. and whats the basis for this.

regards

sadhu kishore