cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup for Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to take backup for an output SMARTFORM in SAP 4.6 cc.

If yes, how to take backup for a smartform in quality system & how to upload in Development system.

Regards,

Rajesh.

Edited by: Rajesh Raju on Feb 2, 2008 12:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can save the Smart Form's data design to a file so that they can either have a backup or move that Smart Form to another CMS system.

see this:

Exporting Smart Form to Desktop

1. Log into the CMS Work Area

2. Navigate to Settings > Smart Form Configuration

3. Click on the Smart Form you would like to export

4. Click on the Data Design button

5. Right-Click on the empty space in the gray tool bar, and click Miscellaneous

6. There should now be a Save and Open Folder buttons on your toolbar, choose the Save (disk icon)

7. You now have the option of saving the file as HTML or XML, I generally choose XML

8. Save the file to your desktop

Importing Smart Form from Desktop

1. Log into the CMS Work Area

2. Navigate to Settings > Smart Form Configuration

3. Create a new Smart Form

4. Click on the Data Design button

5. Right-Click on the empty space in the gray tool bar, and click Miscellaneous

6. There should now be a Save and Open Folder buttons on your toolbar, choose the Open (Folder icon)

7. You can now import an existing exported Smart Form and it will appear in your data design

Reward Points if found helpfull..

Cheers,

Chandra Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

chandra, isn't that what I already suggested? Did you need to repeat my answer? Do you really need put ask for points? Do you really care about points? Will you die if you don't get a certain amount of points? Does your life revolve around points? Please don't beg for points on SDN. It is childish and it is frowned upon by the moderators.

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode SMARTFORMS -> Enter the name of the form you wish to download (backup) then go to Utilities -> Download Form. That saves it as an XML file. Then open the other client, go to the Tcode, enter a form name, and go to Utilities -> Upload Form. Select the XML file and you are good to go!

Oh, and welcome to SDN!!!

Davis

Edited by: Davis on Feb 1, 2008 1:10 PM