cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS migration from StandAlone ITS(6.20) to Integrated ITS(WAS6.40)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are planning to do migration of ESS applications from Stand Alone ITS (6.20) to Integrated ITS (WAS 6.40). I Would appreciate if somebody can tell me what takes to migrate from Standalone its to Integrated ITS. What is the work involved, what are the steps involved. Also, please tell how do I make them available to access from outside the firewall.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are excellent documents about migrating and configuring

ITS applications around. Also security issues are discussed in

detail there.

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know where those documents are. Provide me some links to documents, blogs, articles.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the link is here, you are invited to use the Search facility here.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I posted the question here after I have searched for days. The documentation is pointing me to the SAP Note 678904 on copying the existing templates. According to that I am running report SIAC_CONVERT_FROM_4X, in that I selected the service PZ09, I run the report. I am getting an error stating that no component to convert.

ESS services from Standalone ITS werent upgraded to Integrated ITS (ECC5.0) ?. How do I make sure?. How do I copy this template to Integrated ITS?. I would appreciate if somebody can share their experiences or any help.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

ok, things became clearer. But why do you want to migrate ESS services?

Aren't they part of the SAP system already?

I just checked it out and the IAC PZ09 seems to be delivered by SAP.

There shouldn't be a need to migrate it. You may check this using TA SE80 and

TA SICF.

hope this helps

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

We have some customization code in standalone ITS. So I want to migrate it from standalone to Integrated ITS. Thatswhy I want to migrate it.

I would appreciate if you can just give me the overview of the work involved in it. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha Raj,

I would suggest to create an OSS ticket.

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Thanks again for the help. So what you are saying is, ESS applications come along as out of the box with Integrated ITS, and we need to activate and just use them.

If thats the case, could you please provide me an overview of how do I use these ESS applications that are part of integrated ITS.

Also, where can I see the customized code from standalone ITS in the Integrated ITS. I checked out in TA SAIC1. I found these PZ09, and rest of ESS apps.

If I use Integrated ITS, do I need to use Portals?. or How can I give access in the Internet?.

Thank you for helping me.

Kind Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Have you seen this document on migrating ITS services.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3d/b5f9c2ea65c242957ee504ca4a37a9/frameset.htm

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks