cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transform Webdynpro Project to use Library DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We developed our project as Webdynpro(JAVA) project beforehand. However, with the growth of our libaries, the deployment time becomes unbearable. The reason is that the Webdynpro project doesn't support library as DC and therefore upload the whole jar datas onto server every time.

Our plan is to repack all the libraries into a library project and publish it on the server beforehand. Therefore we need only upload other normal java classes for each new deployment.

However, how to let the current web dypro project to use the library project?In other words, how to transform our web dynpro project to let it support referencing library DC?

Any advices will be very welcomed!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I add dependency on the library DC with both "Compiliation" and "Assembly" types. And the webdypro DC is now compiled successfully.

However, during the deployment (select "Deploy New Achieve and Run" in the Webdynpro DC), I got following errors.

.05.02.2008 17:34:11 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR: Deploy Exception.An error occurred while deploying the deployment item 'demo.sap.com_warpdc'.; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: class com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.DeliveryException: An error occurred during deployment of sdu id: demo.sap.com_warpdc

sdu file path: C:\usr\sap\CE2\J04\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\tcbldeploy_controller\archives\881\demo.sap.com~warpdc.ear

version status: NEW

deployment status: Admitted

description:

1. Error:

Cannot deploy application demo.sap.com/warpdc. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy Web Dynpro content for application demo.sap.com/warpdc...

Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy Web Dynpro content for application demo.sap.com/warpdc.; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: class com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.utils.DSRemoteException: Cannot deploy application demo.sap.com/warpdc. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy Web Dynpro content for application demo.sap.com/warpdc...

Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy Web Dynpro content for application demo.sap.com/warpdc.; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.webcontainer_api.exceptions.WebContainerExtensionDeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy Web Dynpro content for application demo.sap.com/warpdc.; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.deployment.core.DeploymentException: Failed to deploy application .; nested exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.utils.RepositoryRuntimeException: Failed to deploy because other development objects already contain the same repository content (see note 784677).The following are (deplyableObjectName, qualifiedName, typeName) tuples: (local/warp, com.sap.warp.warpapplication.WarpApplication, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.repository.IWDApplicationInfo) (local/warp, com.sap.warp.Warp, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.repository.IWDComponentInfo)

I use NWDS 7.1 and JDK 1.5

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zenghuan,

Try doing just DEPLOY of the DC and then check your application thru Portal or complete Dynpro URL.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Chintan,

The error already happened during the "Deploy" phase. Besides, there's no "Deploy" option in the context menu, only "Deploy new Archive and Run" is available in NWDS 7.1

I'm afraid the error lies on the fact that I already deployed a normal webdynpro project on the server before. Since the Webdynpro DC project is no other than a copy of the old project, there are maybe some conflicts.

Now I tried to create another instance on the server (with other port) and deploy the DC project on the new instance. However, I don't have much experiences on creating instances on Netweaver AS. Could you offer me some advices or links?

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zenghuan,

Follow the Steps

-

1> Right Click on the web dynpro project

2> Select Properties

A Properties wizard will appear select

<b>Project References </b> from the left hand side pane and check your external library DC from the right hand side pane.

3> Click on OK.

4> Generate Application, Build Application and Deploy Application

Regards,

Mithu

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zenghuan,

You are right if you are using latest versions EP server.

Check this wiki for more details.[wiki |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdjava/clusterwideexception-FailedtodeployWebDynprocontentforapplication&]

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In your suggested blog, there's a step to rename all components. What should I do? Should I rename the component directly? If I do so, I get many error messages which I can't even understand. (I use "Refactor -> Rename" by right clicking on the old component name .

"Runtime exception occured while executing job "Refreshing repository state for resources": Attempted to beginRule F/warp2/src/packages/com/sap, does not match outer scope rule:

com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdi$JdiLock@7e9f32"

Maybe the best way is still to create a new instance on Server....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions, I now do like following:

1. Covert the normal Webdynpro Project to Webdynpro DC project

2 Create a Library DC project to hold all the jars as library

3 Add dependency to Library DC from the Webdynpro DC

Edited by: Zenghuan Shan on Feb 5, 2008 5:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a library DC and expose public parts, use this DC as a used DC in Webdynpro project.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to convert your Web Dynpro project to DC, copy the src folder of your Web Dynpro project to src folder of DC.

Once you have converted your Web Dynpro project to DC then you can add/ use Library DCs in it.

Regards

Nikhil Bansal

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Feb 18, 2008 7:20 PM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zenghuan,

You will need to convert your local project to a WebDynpro DC and create a Library DC for all your libraries.

Pls go thru below links for better understanding of same:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/frameset.htm

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Chintan