Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find my rights in BW system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

I have access to a BW 3.5 system, but I can't do much on it.

For example , I can't add queries , etc.

So..I need authorization to make all kind of things a developer needs to do.

My question is: what authorizations exactly I need ?

I want to be sure that the administrator gives me all the needed rights, so I don't have to ask him every day .

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is completely dependent on the way your system is configured.

Also it depends on what a developer on your site is supposed to do.

Best ask your security administrator for "authorization to make all kind of things a developer needs to do".

Oh, and hope your security administrator doesn't read this thread because if it was me I'd distrust you for asking system access questions outside the company.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

This is a nonsens : "if it was me I'd distrust you for asking system access questions outside the company." )

I really need to know for what authorization to ask, because I have some training materials, given by the company,

and I can't do much of the exercises , because no one set my rights on the system.

I had this problem before for web dynpro study and every day I had to write an e-mail to ask for an authorization to one more transaction.

So, I think that are some several basic rights for the tarining systems.

0 Kudos

>

> This is a nonsens : "if it was me I'd distrust you for asking system access questions outside the company." )

>

> I really need to know for what authorization to ask, because I have some training materials, given by the company,

>

> and I can't do much of the exercises , because no one set my rights on the system.

>

> I had this problem before for web dynpro study and every day I had to write an e-mail to ask for an authorization to one more transaction.

> So, I think that are some several basic rights for the tarining systems.

As Jurjen said, ask your security for the developer access. Without knowing your setup it's difficult to tell you what you need. My idea of developer access could be very different to your security admin's

Why don't you identify everything that you need to do & sit down with your security admin and make sure they assign it & you test it.

That is far more likely to result in success than ansking what is a relatively ambiguous request on a forum.

0 Kudos

This I would imagine all by myself .

0 Kudos

>

> This I would imagine all by myself .

so did it not work?

Experience says that it will be the quickest way to sort it out. Good luck