cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using attributes in validation expressions

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Attributes pull-down menu is grayed out in the Validation Expression window in both the console and client (data manager). How can we use the attributes to create validation expressions?

Regards,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

DO you have taxonomy tables defined in the console, and attributes defined in the data manager for the taxonomy, in your repository?

If you do, validation expression editor should show the attributes pull down if you are writing your expression on the node that has attributes.

Thanks

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Savi,

We have the taxonomy tables defined in the console and the attribues defined in the data manager for the taxonomy. We are trying to create an expression on a node that has attributes, but the validation editor still does not show the attributes pull-down. In a nutshell, we are doing what you have described but it is not working.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Add a branch validation for your parent validation and for this branch validation, select a brach value : That means select a taxonomy node to which you would like to add your validation. Then play with attributes for this branch validation in validation editor.

Note: "Attributes" option will be greyed out until you set a "Branch Value" for a validation and you can set Branch Value only for Branch Validations. This is my understanding.

All the best!!

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It works!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread is related to my problem...

I am trying to assign a default Attribute value if a particular taxonomy node is selected.

Ex. X is a leaf node of a taxonommy table. It has attirbute A1 with values 1,2,3. This table has a lookup reference in main table.

Assignment requirement - If node X is selected, i want to assign attribute value 1 as default value.

I have added the branch assignment. How can i assign default attribue value using it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Arun prabhu S