cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit management basd on dist channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. can we do credit management basd on dist channel

2. can you tell me where we ahve to assign the relation between distribution channel & customer credit group

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i am not aware of any direct assignment of distribution channel to credit control area. but since the sales area is assigned to the credit control area, there is at least a relationship between the distribution channel and the credit control area. however, i will have to check if a company code and be assigned to more than one credit control area.

the credit group is related to sales documents (you will see this, for example, in OVA8). when you assign the combination of risk category, credit control area and credit group, you are also defining what documents the system must check for credit control.

as for the customer credit group, again there is no direct relationship between this and the distribution channel. the customer credit group is basically a credit management organizational unit while the distribution channel is a distribution oriented unit. you can 'infer' a relationship between the two and this will depend on how you define your organizational structure in sales and credit management.

for example, you can configure that all customers that have been created in distribution channel 10, should be assigned customer credit group A001 in the credit master (t-code FD32) while customers created in distribution channel 20 can be assigned customer credit group A002.

but any customer extended to both distribution channels cannot have two customer credit group assignments within the same credit control area.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes we can do by using Distribution channel..

Take 2 sales areas with different D.Channel assign those to 2 different credit control areas that configuration that u can do in enterprize structure -

assignment

-

sales & Distribution -

assign sales area to credit control area..

Now the assignment between Credit control area and company code, as per our SD concerned we can assign one credit control area to one company code i.e one to many relation ..

but internally u can assign one more credit control area i.e which is assigned to 2nd sales area to same company code. here it is in Financial accounting--- credit management there u can find search on that, there u can assign one more C.C.Area to C.Code....

From this way u can maintain creditlimit to the customer on basis of credit control area

In FD32 u r maintaining credit limit to the customer in the combination of credit control area..

i hope so this will help u so much, try it and let me know...

Credit groups are linked with sales document type sales document is linked with sales areas .,thats why distribution channels are linked to credit groups.

if it helps dont forget to reward me.

Regards,

kishore.