cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaying to get the sap login screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing one strange problem and unable to understand it.

When i run startsap all command, it is executing very successfully.

But the problem is that when i try to log in to the system from sap gui it takes a very long time around 15 minutes with "waiting for response" status and then sap screen comes up.

when i try to login with username and password again it takes some time to get the session_manager screen.

In sm04 screen i do find around 6 to 8 sapsys users with type http plugin and client 000, after half an hour these are logged off automatically and system starts running smoothly as usual.

This happens only when i do restart the sap system.

Details,

os- hp unix

db- oracle 10g

release - 700

Need your precious suggestion and help.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

>> In sm04 screen i do find around 6 to 8 sapsys users with type http plugin and client 000, after half an hour these are logged off automatically and system starts running smoothly as usual.

I have seen that situation on some of our 7.00 system too.

I was also not able to login and have seen (from dispmon), that the wps running some programs of SAPSYS.

But i have these situations only after some kernel upgrade.. i have rebooted the sap system and after that it worked fine and never seen this again.

Really strange.. but i have also no solution.. i have only rebooted the system and it worked for me..

Regards

Stefan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi markus,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

I will definitely go through your aforementioned points and come back to you.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Dhananjay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks.

The database statistics is up-to-date. Since we have many free work processes in SM50 and enough R/3 buffer values , we are facing the above problem.So are there any parameters or other related things to be considered or changed so that we need not to face this problem in near future.

Soon help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Switch on the trace in ST05 for a user

- tell the user to execute the long running/slow transaction

- switch off trace

- evaluate it

There may be many reasons why a system can be "slow":

- wrong/no index usage

- slow I/O system (SAN is loaded with several systems, unaligned access)

- too small Oracle SGA

- Oracle parameters not set appropriately

There's unfortunately not a button to click to speed up a system and without knowing more about your environment it's almost impossible to give suggestions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

This problem has been solved by changing ownership to few oracle data files.

But one more problem i am facing is that our consultants when try to copy one document type to other , it is taking more time than normal to update into respective tables.

BDCs also taking more time to upload the data.

So please help me out of this problem.

Thanks and regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I seriously doubt, that the speed of the system has something to do with the permission on Oracle data files - there's no relation between them.

Performance problems should be diagnosed separately (using e. g. SQL Trace - ST05) to check, if there are any other problems.

Are you database statistics up to date?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen that too. The reason seems to be, that the system does on startup a tablescan on table TBTCO. If your I/O system is "slow" and you have many many jobs in your system, that scan can take some time.

Markus