cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail - ABAP proxy scenario -> mailbox contains additional mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where e-mails are received into a certain mailbox. These e-mails need to be processed through PI.

However, there are other mails received into the same mailbox that do not need to be processed through PI.

Is it possible to ignore certain e-mails in this scenario or would I need to ensure the e-mails that do need to be processed through PI are received into a spearate mailbox ?

Thanks in advance

Colin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we made some tests with mail sender adapter searching for the same, and no way, we needed to create an email box for the integration because it gets all the emails.

regards.

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colin,

One way is to check Condition in Receiver Determination based on Mail Subject, From, To Addresses, etc, and stop the message processing without error.

Make use of standard Context Object for Mail Adapter in Conditonal Receiver Determination.

PS: This may not be the best way out.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Generaly, as I remember right, XI picks up the only unread mails from the inbox.

So if during the time, if you have many unread mails, it will pick up,

So it is prefer to have separate inbox for XI else, need to develop a mechanism in the Mail -Adapter Module in such a way that, filter whateever required and send this to Integration Engine.

Hope this helps,

rgds, Moorthy