cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to archive my messages on my XI server and had used the pdf located at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23... .

I have set up the archiving objects BC_XMB on t-code SARA and flag the appropriate interface for archiving. I have also checked that my messages are not in the retention period by running the report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS and are flagged for archiving. However none of the messages were archived despite the archiving jobs running properly. This is confirmed in the job log when it stated 0 XML messages were archived.

I would like to check a few things:

1. In the Assigning the Physical Path to Logical Path for Windows, is it correct to assign the Physical Path as "C:<FILENAME>".

2. How can I troubleshoot as to what is exactly causing the archiving job not to archive any of the XML messages?

Edited by: lookman on Feb 5, 2008 11:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lookman,

Use sm37 and check whether ARV_BC_XML_WRP(date).. job was called or not. The job that we scheduled for archiving internally call this job for archiving. After this job Archive delete job is called.

What I have found in XI is that whenever both above jobs are called successful, then only we see message as '' xyz message archived" other not even if the ARV_BC_XML_WRP(date).. job run successfully.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

I checked sm37 and I saw that the job ARV_BC_XML_WRP(datetime) did run. However 0 XML messages were archived. I'm pretty sure now that I have set up the BC_XMB object for archiving properly. Any hints on what else to check to troubleshoot what went wrong here?

Another thing that I noticed when I run RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS is that the messages already flagged for archiving is 0 while the messages to be flagged for archiving is 526. This could possibly explain why none of the messages are archvived every time the archive job is run.

The next logical question is how do I change the status of the messages from "to be flagged for archiving" to " already flagged for archiving" ?

Edited by: lookman on Feb 5, 2008 12:41 PM

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear lookman,

you might have a look at OSS note 872388 'Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0' that provides a comprehensive collection of common issues regarding archiving. Please walk through section 5 'Troubleshooting Archiving / Deletion of XML messages and history entries in the Integration Server'.

Often step 5-k)-2 (adapter status update missing) turns out to be the reason for not archiving XI messages. However, I recommend to have a look at entire section 5.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the reply. I ran the report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS and realised that all the messages that were supposed to archived were in status 001 and it turns out they were still in the queue smq2. That is the most probable reason why none of my messages were being archived. Having manually cancelled the messages ( I'm doing this in my devt server ), I'll wait until it is past the retention period before trying the archiving job again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below link will clarify your doubt about Physical and Logical path for archiving

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/3e4ec2462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

In the Physical File field, enter the required physical file name.

The following parameters are of particular interest here:

¡ PARAM_1: Two-character application abbreviation (for example, HR, CO, MM) for the classification of the archive files in the system. The value of the definition is determined from the relevant archiving object at runtime.

¡ PARAM_2: Single-character alphanumerical code (0-9, A-Z). If, when creating a new archive file, an existing file with an identical physical name would result in a conflict, the ADK increases this value by 1. This value must, therefore, always be a part of the physical name.

¡ PARAM_3: This parameter is filled at runtime with the name of the archiving object. In archive management, this enables you to check the file contents or to store the archive files by archiving objects.

To enable maximum space in the name range for the archive file, the following entry is recommended:

(Syntax group WINDOWS NT)

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that. I have actually read that part. What I am unsure of is "<P=DIR_GLOBAL>" Do I leave it as it is or substitute it with the appropriate directory I want to save it in? If I leave it as it is, how do I specify which directory my archive folder is in? How then should I set DIR_GLOBAL?