Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Troubleshooting Archiving

Hi All,

I am trying to archive my messages on my XI server and had used the pdf located at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236f50 .

I have set up the archiving objects BC_XMB on t-code SARA and flag the appropriate interface for archiving. I have also checked that my messages are not in the retention period by running the report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS and are flagged for archiving. However none of the messages were archived despite the archiving jobs running properly. This is confirmed in the job log when it stated 0 XML messages were archived.

I would like to check a few things:

1. In the Assigning the Physical Path to Logical Path for Windows, is it correct to assign the Physical Path as "C:<FILENAME>".

2. How can I troubleshoot as to what is exactly causing the archiving job not to archive any of the XML messages?

Edited by: lookman on Feb 5, 2008 11:08 AM

replied

Dear lookman,

you might have a look at OSS note 872388 'Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0' that provides a comprehensive collection of common issues regarding archiving. Please walk through section 5 'Troubleshooting Archiving / Deletion of XML messages and history entries in the Integration Server'.

Often step 5-k)-2 (adapter status update missing) turns out to be the reason for not archiving XI messages. However, I recommend to have a look at entire section 5.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question