Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create only one transport request through Change Request Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have implemented Change Request Management (Solution Manager 4.0) in

our landscape. We are using standard approval process.

When change requests set the status “In Development” it creates

transport request. Problem here is that in the selected development

system two transport requests (a workbench and a Customizing request)

are created for one transport request for the specified owner and

developers.

In this way unnecessary many requests will get created, and we may not

use or work on both the requests (i.e. workbench and customizing)

simultaneously.

Is there any way which we can give option to select/choose between

workbench or Customizing request? Can we avoid creation of these two

requests?

Kindly reply us ASAP.

Thanks

Regards,

Sharmishtha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have SolMan 4.0 SP13 and now when you set the status to "In Development" you can select whether you want to create one type of transport or both (there are two checkboxes).

Which SP do you have?

Regards,

Raquel Cunha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raquel

Thanks for your reply. I am in SP12, and it does not ask me to select between customizing or workbench request, instead its directly creating two requests in background and after release its deleting one request which doesn’t contain anything.

Do you mean that on SP13 its asking you to select between these two requests? So shall I upgrade my SP 12 to SP 13 so that I can get this option enabled?

Will you please assist me in the same?

I will be very much grateful if you reply asap,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sharmishtha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharmishtha,

we are also using SP12, and when you take a CR into production, a window like shown in the screenshot pops up .

There you can decide whether you want to create a workbench or a customizing transport request.

[Screenshot|http://home.arcor.de/malas/SolMan/ta.jpg]

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your reply. Wondering why its not asking me these options. Have you done any extra configuration settings for this to come?

I also selected production system (ibase component) to create change request still its not asking me such option. Will you please assist me if you have done something extra to get this on u r screen? I m really not getting any help on this… will be grateful for your reply,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sharmishtha

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for not replying earlier but I was on holidays...

I am not sure if this change comes with SP13 because here we have installed SolMan 4.0 and SP13 at the same time. Last time I used CHARM before SP13 I had SP10, and in SP10 I had no option to select the type of transport order I want to create, same as you have today. Let me take a look at SP13 and I will let you know.

Anyway, maybe it would be interesting to think about applying latest support packages since you have SP12 and SAP has released SP15 for component ST 400 yesterday (Feb 6th).

Regards,

Raquel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raquel,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure about changes in SP level for solution manager 4.0. If you see the thread, Dirk is saying that it shows those two options with SP12 as well.

There is no other configuration setting as per my understanding to get these two options on the screen, if you have any idea regarding the same please guide me.

I am thinking of going forward with SP13 patch, but before that I just want to get it confirm with the additional functionality it will give or changes it will do. As I see in notes or help, SP13 give functionality for EWA, maintenance optimizer and not for charm.

Anyways, besides this do you have any idea, how can I get those two options on my screen? Your help will appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sharmishtha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We just upgraded to SP13 and I can say for sure that the feature where you can choose which type of transport request you want to create, comes with SP13. I personally was thrilled to see it

SP13 also brings nice tools for analyzing TRs. In /n/tmwflow/maintinst I noticed new tabs with analytics.

BR

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Thanks a lot for your assistance, I have applied SP13 successfully. It now giving me two check boxes to select workbench and customizing request, I can create either one of them.

My problem is resolved now.

Thanks

Regards,

Sharmishtha

Answers (0)