cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Early Watch Report through mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured 4 satellite server in solution manager , I am able to generate the EWA report , now i want to send this report automatically to its respective owner . I have the following queries

1.) what are the steps

2.) I know that we have to configure SCOT , can anyone give me step-by-step config fot the same .

4.) beside SCOT what else need to be configured .

Regards

Akif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akif,

please check the full procedure in IMG (transaction SPRO):

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Solution Monitoring/Reporting -> Sending Service Reports by Internet E-Mail

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger Stoecker

Thanks a lot , i have configured the same , i will check it and let you know .

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudiger Stocker ,

I had done the setting in IMG as:

AP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Solution Monitoring/Reporting -> Sending Service Reports by Internet E-Mail -> E-Mail Filter (Maintenance) -> Map Systems to E-Mail Address.

I had added for the respective owner of the system his E-mail address.But none of the owner received the EWA .

I have already tested the configuration for sending Mail , so that is fine , must be i must have missed out something.

Following are my queries :

1. Is the any other settings

2. Should we enter all the Email address in the setting as specified by "Automatic E-mailing of Reports" of the IMG".

3. If we enter all the E-mail address in the "Automatic E-mailing of Reports" of the IMG " will everyone get all the EWA or only the respective owner .

Awaiting for the solution .....

Thanks

Akif Shaikh.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akif,

you need to enter all e-mail addresses in Automatic E-mailing of Reports.

The settings in Map Systems to E-Mail Addresses will then ensure, that the e-mails are generated according the mapping.

You can verify, whether e-mail transmissions via SCOT works at all by the following steps.

- goto Operations: Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert

- generated the HTML report of an already processed EWA session.

- choose "E-Mail" and enter the recipient e-mail address.

- the e-mail should be created (monitor via SCOT) and sent to the inbox

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger ,

Thanks a billion , i have configured and able to receive mail , i have one more query,

1.) The EWR is not coming as a word document attachment , what i have to do so that it comes as an MS Word document .Since , even thought the EWR comes it has lost all it Graphics presentation , so it will be difficult for the owner to analysis .

Please suggest ....

Best Regards

Anthony

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

There is no way to receive a MS Word Document or PDF, only a HTML report can be generated automatically and sent via e-mail.

The HTML report should contain the same graphics as the MS Word Document.

Note: Graphics in HTML require an installed and configured Internet Graphics Server (IGS) (see IMG).

(Word is able to generate build-in-graphics also without an IGS.)

Best regards,

Ruediger

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger ,

Mails were send to all recipient when it was only suppose to delivered to one recipient .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lots for the support and solving my quires.

Regards

Akif

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

You are very welcome. I am glad, that I could help you.

Best regards,

Ruediger

P.S.: EWA processing is my "baby".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger ,

According to you suggestion i had Map Systems to E-Mail Addresses in the said table "DSWP_SYS_EMAIL" and entered all the E-mail address in Automatic E-mailing of Reports.

But when the E-mail was send it had been delivered to all the recipient instead of the Mapped recipient .

Please suggest ...

Regards

Akif

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akif,

I am very sorry, but I do not have the time for a detailed evaluation.

I would recommend to address this issue in a customer message on SV-SMG-OP.

(As described in the IMG Map Systems to E-Mail Addresses, sending reports to specific address should work.)

Best regards,

Ruediger

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to send only "red" Reports to the Mailadress?

Gruß

Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

did not received any mail