cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quantity decimals

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

my material is active for batch determination indeliveries. however, i would like the batch determination to propose only whole quantities, although the inventory could have fractions of quantities.

i tried switching on rounging to 'X' in 0VLP, but this doesn't seem to work. i get batch splits with quantities like "20.32 cartons".

hope someone can help.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u maintain the rounding profile by goto logistics general, qty optimizina and allowed log. unit of measure, maintain rounding profile.

After creating rounding profile, assign it in the material master MRP1 view, Now u try it

Try and let me know

Reward if useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

very interesting but i'm having problems with quantity decimals and not whole units.

thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What have you done that SAP can know that it is a partial carton?

Is it stored apart in a different location ?

Does it have a different stock status?

I dont think that you can just check for decimals.

If you would have 2 partials e.g. 0.4 and 0.7, then SAP would see 1.1, would think 1 full carton and 1 partial of 0.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,friends.

in global settings, the unit of measure was configured to have 3 decimals. this was required by purchasing.

however, this also affected SD, MM and production in that all materials using the unit of measure have 3 decimals whether the system displaying sales order quantities, delivery quantities, invoiced quantities, inventory, etc.

the base unit is carton. for every carton, there are 48 cans (alternate unit of measure). sometimes, a carton in the plant may be opened for sampling and a few cans are used. so, the inventory may be expressed in decimals (e.g. 200.25 cartons).

the problem is during batch determination. let's say our batch inventories are as follow:

batch 1 - 100.5 cartons

batch 2 - 230 cartons

when we do batch determination for an order of 110 cartons, the system will do batch split as follow:

batch 1 - 100.5 cartons

batch 2 - 9.5 cartons

instead of the preferred way as follow:

batch 1 - 100 cartons

batch 2 - 10 cartons

hope you can help.

thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem understood, but SAP will not do it just based on decimals. You have to do something to help SAP to propose full cartons only.

E.g. block the partial quantity, or store it apart from the full cartons.

Transfer the broken carton to a different material number , or to a different batch number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Jurgen.

that is exactly what we are doing now.

for the decimals, for example the '0.25' carton, we move them either to another storage location, or we move them to block stocks. but the customer is not satisfied with this.

this is why we are looking for a SAP standard way for the system to propose whole quantities.

thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan, have you been able to figure this out? We have same problem as you described. Standard packages are broken for promotional products and creates decimals in inventory. Please let me know.

Thank you.