cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing the file-file scenario, we are using FTP server where i need to archive the files in another directory after the file was processed.

i did with processing mode -- Archive mode but i am not getting deleted in the existing directory and no file was created in the Archive directory..

do we need any authorization for the ftp server for the folder which we access, but i am having all the rights such as delete a file copy and pase the file, any other authorizations do we need to provide..

so give some inputs regarding to this...

regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of configuration and Authorization required to archive the files,u have to check in RWB communication channel log completly and also trace in MONI.

Do it and update the thread.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I hope you gave the processing mode as delete. Check the box which says Process Read-only files.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I gave the processing mode as ARCHIVE, and specified the archive directory path, but i am not getting moved to the archive directory after the message was processed.

do we need any configurations for this..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Please make sure that you have the Write permission for the user ID for the archive folder.

archive and archiveWithTimestamp mean that successfully processed files are moved to an archive directory.

In archive mode, the file name is copied unchanged. If a file with the same name already exists in the archive directory, it is overwritten.

In the archiveWithTimestamp mode, a time stamp including the date and time is added to the file name. The format of the time stamp is yyyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS_, where yyyy specifies a year and SSS the number of milliseconds. As a result, files can be sorted according to the time they entered the archive directory, irrespective of the file name. This also stops files with the same name being overwritten.

In the case of both processing types, the archive directory must be specified using the following parameters:

&#9632; file.archiveDir=<archiveDir>

This parameter is mandatory for these processing types.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

My FTP server details specified for source directory is

server:ftp://ipaddress

port:21

source directory: //test/input

I have specified my processing mode as archive in source comm. channel and its dirctory is mentioned as

ftp://ipaddress/test/archive

archive was the Archive directory in test which is in ftp server.

and also checked the Addtime Stamp.

here the file is processed successfully even in archive mode but the file is neither deleted from source directory nor moved to archive directory as mentioned above.

Where should we mention this file.archiveDir = <archiveDir>

regards,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I dont think you can put ftp:// in Directory field. Try inserting only /test/archive.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

You need to specify in file Adapter configuration.

Just use file path as //dir/test .....etc not FTP

Please go through below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

here file will be processed successfully without relating to delete or archive mode. But in RWB if you open the log of the message then you will get some warning messages with details of failure.

Please may I request you to verify it also

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 1, 2008 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Check for any error message in comm channel monitoring in RWB.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinkle,

I didn't find any errors in Communication channel monitoring..

do we need to check any where with the authorizations..

regards,

Kishore.