cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create my won MDM Repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provides MDM repository file called "MDM_Business_Partner_Turorial.a2a". Do I have to use this repository each time when I use MDM?

I am still on learning curve on MDM.

Are there anyway I can create my own repository on MDM 5.5?

Thanks for your recommendation,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

You dont need always that repository when you work to MDM, you can crete customs.

Steps to crete a custom repository are:

1. Go to console and mount MDM server.

2. Right click on mdm server and do create repository. It will ask for DBMS parameters, provide and give a new name of Repository. A new repository will be created under your mdm server.

3. Login to repository with user name Admin and blank password. It will be in unloaded state.

4. Click on repository level and in right side crete lookup tables according to your requirements.

5. Now go to main table By default its name will be Products you can change it. Add some fields according to created lookups tables in previous step and reference lookup tables to these fields. or add some text or whatever you want.

6. Load the repository with Update Indices option.

7.Go to data manager and view this repo and test by filling data or by importing data.

One more thing to mention try to update that repository if are able to mount and login in it. May be it work.

Another option is "if you are using MDM 5.5 SP05, Use latest build 5.5.42.98", if so you dont need any upgradation just install all compatible components."

Hope it will help, rewards with points if helpful.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Feb 1, 2008 6:00 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mike,

U can download .a2a (called access to archive file) from serviced market place which is the business content. Then u ll have to unarchive the repository by by right clicking on the server and select the option "Unarchive repository" and there ll be a dialog box where we have to give the path of the repository to be unarchived. After unarchiving it u can always use that repository as ur own repository when it is unloaded.

Otherwise to create a repository of ur own interest just right click on the server and select option create repository.then it ll ask for the database sever to be loaded and authorization to create repository.Login with valid user id and password and create repository of ur own structure.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Sravan Velamury

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mike

two ways to create repositories in MDM. Unarchive the a2a files from the business content if you want to use the standard data structure provided by SAP.U can still make changes to its data model in console after unloading the repository.

Other way is to craete a new repository by right clicking on mdm server and cretae repo or create with existing schema.It will have the main table as Products and other tables like category,images, workflows,Masks, Families etc.

If after unarchiving a2a file u r not able to work on the repository because of vesion difference in business content and MDM installed try Updating the repo by right clicking.It will work

Hope it helps.Award points if found helpful

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use MDM 5.5. The downloaded repository file: "MDM_Business_Partner_Turorial.a2a" is NEWER than my MDM server according to the error message from my MDM server when I tried to use that repository. So I can not use that downloaded repository (SAP's bug)!

That is why I want to create my won repository.

When I create my won repository, how do I know the new repository has the same structure as "MDM_Business_Partner_Turorial.a2a" ?

Or should I just go ahead to create a new repository without worring about the business structure?

Thanks for your recommendations!

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The business content or the MDM_Business_Partner_Turorial.a2a file which is provided by SAP has a predefined structure in it.

Unarchiving of the a2a file is done only once it is same as creating tables and fields before using any database.

You don not need to use the a2a file every time.

Just unarchive it once and use the structure that is provided in MDM_Business_Partner_Turorial.a2a.

you can do dis by right clicking on the MDM server and Unarchive it.

If you dont want any prediend structure then right click on MDM server and Create a new repository as per your requirements.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You can ofcourse create your own repository without using the .a2a file being given, but by doing this you will only get specific tables which may be or may be not of any of your use, for this you can simply right click on your server in the MDM Console and click create repository it will be done. But if you use the .a2a file to create rep it will give you the standard structure which SAP provides for its repository relevant to the business needs. You can do this by right clicking on the server and selecting Unarchieve repository option.

Hope this solves your doubt...

Reward points if helpful....

Prasad......