cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - FICO - xRPM integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a problem which I cannot seem to figure out. Folowing scenario is in place: cProjects and xRPM on same box, FICO on ECC6 on a different box.

Create an item in xRPM - automatically create cProjects and then manually assign a PS project to the cProjects project.

Perform resource planning in cProjects - hrs (role and task planning) and we have certain rate/hr (the rate/hr gest replicated in the ERP system). CATS is also in the picture.

In xRPM the Item has a capacity category / view:

- Labor / planned hours - it gets integrated and replicated from cProjects project based on the role demand (and role functions - capacity groups assignment).

As well the item has a mirrored financial category / view:

- Labor / planned amount - Here is the problem: how do I populate this view to show the planning I have done in cProjects - hours @ rate/hr . Does it take from role planning, task planning or somewhere else?

Moreover, how do I see the same amount showing in the plan field in my cProjects accounting view?

The rate/hr we define in cProjects and replicate in FICO sistem, is it used only for calculating the actual amounts in FICO (PS)? Then how do we get the plan amounts in cProjects / xRPM?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Lacramioara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have two scenarios:

1. Costing Based on Task types

2. Based on Role types

If you Select Task then the costs are calculated based on task rates until you assign a role for that task.

once role is assigned to task, the rates of Role type are considered.

The rate/hr we define in cProjects and replicate in FICO sistem, is it used only for calculating the actual amounts in FICO (PS)?

i dint get what you mean to say...

thro some light on this...

as per my knowledge you use Cost revenue rates (Defined in Cproj> replicated to ECC ) for Planning n actual data as well.

Niranjan

Let me know if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niranjan,

Thank you for your answer. It does help me very much and you answered my confusing question: the rates are used for plan and actual as well. I know how to get the actual, but not the plan amounts.

I do not see the plan amounts anywhere calculated, not in cprojects, nor at WBS - maybe I am doing something wrong, or I do not know where to look. I have role demand in hrs, I have the rate for the role on the costing tab - where do I see (role demand hrs x rate). If I find the amount I can then push it to xRPM.

Thank you,

Lacramioara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planned Cost in cProjects will be obtained through Easy cost planning method. System calculates in the following way.

Hourly rate of cost / revenue would have assigned to project role. Based on assignment of project role to project elements, cost / revenue will get calculated.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

This certainly helps. I wanted to stay away from ECP. Is it really a prerequisite for getting the plan costs in cProjects? Can't it be done in some other manner?

Thank you,

Lacramioara

Answers (0)