cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the messages updated in the log/ log stack for SRM Contracts ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is a issue with SRM Contract transaction. There are certain error messages that are raised( SAY 'Enter a Vendor in the Header' ). When I debugged the Contract( Bus2000113) trasaction to find out where this message is raised, the function module BBP_PD_LOG_GET_MESSAGES is populating it based on 'Business Object' and 'Company' information. The function module is actually trying to retreive the logs, and when an exception( cx_sy_dyn_call_illegal_type ) is raised, it blindly takes the message from a message table.

Is there a way to find out where these messages are being updated into the log or the log stack?

Also please let me know what the below context means ?? This is the explanation given by the function module for raising the exception.

" In case if the type message table is not BBP_PDS_MESSAGES as expected (e.g. in auction) the cx_sy_dyn_call_illegal_type will be thrown. That is why we have at first fill our own table of the correct type and then append its content to the e_messages table. "

Please help.

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The error logs can be seen in SLG1 txn. and the detailed errors can be seen using Application monitor RZ20 is the transaction.

BBP_PD also gives you a bigger picture about the status and the errors.

Hope this will help you.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

No messages in RZ20. SLG1 gives the same message which I recieve in the transaction. I had been refering BBP_PD, but it again shows the data in Contract transaction and nothing different then that.

-Steve