cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map cannot be loaded in import manager | MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to upload some data in customer repository (I am on MDM 5.5 SP05) . I have a few XML files (IDOCS) from customer master in an ECC system ,which I am providing as a source for the import manager . In the source preview I can see the following tables

- DEBMAS06

- E1KNVIM

- E1KNVPM

Now when I try to open the import map 00_DEBMDM06_R3.map (standard map provided by SAP) it gives me an error message "the map cannot be loaded because table E1KNA1M is not a source" .

What do I need to get this file uploaded to the import manager ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

While Importing choose Type as XML Schema instead of XML.

Then in XML Schema field give standard Schema.

& then in File Name field giv ur .xml file

Thanks,

maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari/Harrison ,

I tried giving the type as XML schema as you guys suggested but now the the import manager won't open at all and I get the following error " The element DEBMAS06 is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema " .

In the console inside the customer repository > Admin > XML schemas i have made sure that the schema name DEBMDM06 points to DEBMDM.DEBMDM06.xsd that is provided in the business content with the customer repository . Infact for all the schemas( lookup tables , bank check tables , customer check tables ) i have made sure they point to the right XSD's provided in the business content for the customer repository .

Now what do you guys think is the problem ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

the standard map was build for XMLs that have the <DEBMDM> root tag. This tag is a result of the master data extraction using MDM_CLNT_EXTR. It seems that your XML contains a <DEBMAS> tag, most probably due to a different extractions? Anyways, the standard map expects <DEBMDM> and not <DEBMAS>. You cannot use the standard map for your XML. Solutions are either to extract the data again with MDM_CLNT_EXTR which ensures the correct format, or the creation of a new import map that fits to your XML.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense Michael . Let me try this !! I am keeping the thread open for a while .

Thanks !

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have myself faced this kind of a problem. The source that you are using and the "standard map" that you are using do not match.

The structure of the source file is different. You will have to check the XML files that you are trying to import. Also check the root of those XML files.

Hope it helps...

Thanks and regards

Nitin jain

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, Deepak,

that's correct. <E1KNA1M> is a mandatory segment in the provided map. It's the main segment of the customer IDoc, the whole mapping is based on this segment. In your case, the segment is completely missing in your extracted data. That's why you get the error. You can either create a new map or ensure that the segment is extracted from ECC.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael/Nitin ,

The segment <E1KNA1M> is not missing in the extracted data but for some reason it does not appear in the source tables in MDM when I choose type as XML and give my XML file as the source for the data in the import manager . I have verified the segment in my XML file and it is right there .

What do you guys think might be the issue now ??

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are starting the Import Manager what do you enter as the "Type" on the Connect to Source screen? Have you tried XML Schema?