cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTEM COPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body please let me know the differences in system refresh for ABAP, ABAP+JAVA, JAVA only. Also when we do online backup of source system what are the additional steps need to be taken during restore.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Kobby bryant on Feb 1, 2008 12:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System copy is nothing but replacing the source system data in to target system. for this we need take a full backup of surce system using SAPINST.EXE or SETUP.CMD.

Install the centrall instance target system. While installing database instance select the option system copy and in the place of Export DVDs we need to specifie the path of source system back up dump.

Monitor the system copy process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

I have a complete off line backup of an ecc6 abap, non unicode, 32 bit, oracle database system. I would like to do a system copy to a 64 bit system. I would like to use the offline backup+ sapinst method. Can you please

explain the steps in more details ?

Is it like this?

1) Copy the source system complete offline backup to target system

2) On target system, run sapinst -> sap erp 2005 sr2-> system copy -> oracle -> target system -> central system -> Based on ABAP -> CENTRAL SYSTEM installation and proceed

3) give same sid of source system to target system

4) At the time of export cd give the path of complete offline backup of

of source system

5) complete the installation.

Please let me know if the steps are true. If there is any additional steps please let me know that also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

system refresh means nothing but client copy ( deleting old client and placing data of other client). System copy is replacing database of other system (either its abap, java or abap+java) into another system( like PRD data into QAS data for testing purpose)

Reward points if useful