cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-OSS and Marketplace connection failures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today we made a change to our saprouter and applied a new certificate with a different cert name. The original was called saprouter the new cert is called saprouter-temp. After making the change and adjusting the service to start with the new CN=saprouter-temp.

After making that change, I went into OSS1 on my solution manager server and updated the technical settings. For some reason the initial install was configured to use sapserv3 and had no saprouter information in it (and surprisingly it was working). After talking with SAP about it, they had me add the saprouter ip address in and adjust the saprouter at SAP to sapserv2.

Here is my issue. The SAPOSS Rfc connection is working fine now, but my SAP-OSS connection is failing and I am not able to connect to the marketplace to download with support packs through download manager.

When I put my userid and pw into the RFC connection I get an error saying "name or password in incorrect" Yet, I am able to login to the marketplace with that name & password successfully. If I change the userid and pw to OSS_RFC and CPIC I receive the same error which is telling me that the userid and pw that it's complaining about it not the userid/password that I am entering in the Logon&Security section.

Any ideas where the authentication issue might be?

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lee

I would contact SAP support using a customer message.

We have had a similar problem with connectivity and the cause was a synchronization problem in the backend SAP system at SAP.

After a friendly call from one of the SAP employees our problem got solved.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

It will take some time to update the userid and password inthe backend system.It may take around 12 hrs to get updated

you can try after few hours.Use your ossid and password for the connection SAP-OSS in the solman. And in the SAPOSS

use OSS_RFC user id and password 'cpic'.Hope this works.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.