cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine two or more adobe forms in Java web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have few screens each - a separate adobe form. For e.g. One adobe form for item creation, one fore details, one for planning. I need to combine all this into one and save a copy of the PDF.

Save PDF option is present in the adobe options but it saves only the current form. I want to combine few forms and save the whole thing into 1 PDF document. Is there anyway we can do this?

I am using web dypro java for Adobe forms on NWDS 7.0

Adobe Live cycle designer - 7.1

Adobe Reader - 8.1

SAP NW SP 12

PLease help!

Thank you,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

You can convert both PDFs into Binary String. Then combine those binary string, and convert it into PDF.

Try this solution.

With regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have a similar kind of requirement, where i have to combine two PDFs into ONE PDF file. And I am trying it the same way as you have suggested. But unfortunately it doesn' t work.

When I append the binary content of 2nd PDf into 1st PDF, it doesn't open the document and displays error. It might be because of the EOF string. I don't know how to correct it.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I tried your solution but I too got an error. Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will attaching a PDF to another will work? If yes, then I have written a blog on it, you can check that.

/people/amit.rai4/blog/2008/02/01/demystifying-attachments-with-sap-interactive-forms

With Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the response but my requirement is different.

I have to combine the contents of three PDFs (different adobe forms in different views in one web dynpro component) into one PDF ( a separate Adobe Form in different view in the same web dypro component).

I would be glad to know if you have a solution for such scenario. I am working on this since 4 days with no solution yet.

Thank you,

Vasu