cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R3 connector system for the Adaptative RFC model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks!

We´ve generated a Web Dynpro project using the Adaptative RFC model. When running the application we get the exception:

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker$1.fillSldConnection(DataTypeBroker.java:89)

This surely happens because we haven´t defined the SAP R3 connector system:

Could someone please show us how to do this?

We are using SAP R3 Dedeicated connection, should we use the SAP R3 ConnectionString? At least, we need to know which is the Gateway Host, the SAP R3 machine or the J2EE WAS one? Is the other the Application Server Host? What would be the Gateway Service?

In the other hand, at defining the RFC Destinations on the SAP R3 server, we´re using the "Registered Server Program" Activation Type. Is this correct? When testing the connection, it fails because the program is not registered at the server.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernardo,

you have to configure your JCo-Destinations in the WebDynpro Content Administrator located at: http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome an then "Maintain JCo Connection" on the server, you have deployed your WD-Application.

These JCo-Connections should point to the system you want to communicate with.

This has nothing to do with (registered) RFC-Connections in SM59.

kind regards, achim

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've solved the error.

Once configured the SLD and JCo-Destinations in the WebDynpro Content Administrator, we had the problem with METADATA_DIRECTORY JCO-Connection. When we tested it, we got an error related with the PUBLIC LOGON GROUP. This JCO destination is a metadata directory connection and use the SAP message server to connect to an logon group.

The PUBLIC logon group was created already in the new WAS 640 stack ABAP, but it is necesary to add a "Logon Favorite Storage" in "SMLG Transaction - Display control/status Area" called PUBLIC too.

After that, all JCO connections and the webdybpro application run fine.

Best Regards.

Agustin Alvarez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you are specifying the correct System Id(NSP) and Message Server IP while generating the list of Groups in SAP GUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm complete sure that I've specified the sid NSP and the message server IP (it's the same machine of the sid). When I try to generate the group list, I only get the same error: "the messaje server didn't found any group".

Would tell me how can I test if the PUBLIC logon group is correctly created by the SMLG transaction?

Regards.

Agustin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agustin,

Have you checked case sensitivity of "PUBLIC" group in your SMLG transaction? Case should be same at both side.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I've cheked the case sensitivity of "PUBLIC" group in SMLG transaction and is in capital. Is there any important parameter in this configuration to check it?

I think after the SLD configuration (RZ70), the logon group server is configurated to the SLD Portal itself in capitals automatically.

But, what about the SAPGUI logon? I can't log in by a logon server group. As I've said, I got a error message in SAPGUI when I try to generate the group servers list.

What can I do to check the PUBLIC logon server? Should I do anything to simulate load balancing in my WAS ABAP NW04?

Best regards,

Agustin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you r right. Did that work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't work.

The line was already in the service file, but the PUBLIC group doesn't appear in the SAPGUI logon screen.

Any more ideas?

Regards.

Agustin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Augustin

As specified by my earlier post make the entry in the services.cnf file of WINNT/System32 specifying your message server and the port/tcp. Then try connecting to the PUBLIC group using SAP GUI. This should work.

Regards

Vasundhara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasundhara:

My SAP WAS ABAP is windows xp. I supose that the file you've mentioned is:

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\services.

In that file (windows XP service file) is the entry:

sapmsNSP 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

NSP is the SID of the WAS ABAP.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your message server settings are correct then you can successfully login to the SAP GUI with this PUBLIC Group. But if still your JCO connection fails then try with some other groups like for example SPACE and check whether you are able to test the JCO successfully with this Group.

If you are not able to connect to SAP GUI with PUBLIC Group then check the entry in the services.cnf in the WINNT/System32 folder. Hope this helps.

Regards

Vasundhara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again:

It seems the problem with the JCos is that there´s no Message Server defined at the WAS Abap. Could you please help me about this? I hope the end is near:)

Thank you very much in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo,

I guess you have not created Technical system in SLD. First. create technical system for your SAP R/3 and then configure JCO.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I'm a Bernardo collegue.

We have in two different machines:

SAP NetWeaver 04 - Enterprise Portal SP11 and

Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 ABAP Edition

We've configured the WAS ABAP in the SLD, telling the message server, but if we test the JCO connections of a webdynpro application, we recived this error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: C<b>onnect to message server host failed </b>Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=dtsr3erp001 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=NSP MSSERV=sapmsNSP PCS=1 ERROR <b>Group PUBLIC not found</b> TIME Fri Oct 14 10:22:25 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3515 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER 1

Would you tell us, how can we check if the message server is ok? We can connect by SAPGUI correctly.

Thanks in avance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo/Agustin,

You are saying that PUBLIC logon group is exists in SAP R/3.

If yes, then check for case sensitivity. It is case-sensitive. Give exact group name as given in SAP R/3.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

certainly the PUBLIC group exists in my SAP WAS ABAP. We've created it today, but I can't logon by SAPGUI to a logon group. When I choose SAPGUI - groups - "generate list" in SAPGUI, I get the error:

"The message server didn't found any group".

This is the same error that occur when we test the JCO Metadata destination. Though the JCO Model data destination works fine because it's configured to use a single server.

How can we test if the PUBLIC group and the message server are working fine? Can we check it by SAPGUI?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo

Were you able to Test the SLD and then the JCO connections(Destination Files connection to the system) in the WebDynpro -> Content Administration successfully. Check whether the connection is proper or not.

Regards

Vasundhara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We´ve configured properly the SLD and the JCo connections mentioned in the link below, but after redeploying our test application we get the error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type com.hesa.pruebas.ntw.models.rfcmodel.types.Bapimaxrow could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException

Could you please help us?!

Is it necessary to define any System at the Portal System Admin?

And what about "JCo RFC Provider" at "Visual Admin"? Here we always get: "Error changing bundle´s properties"

Thank you very much in advance!

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's still a connetcion problem between your WAS and the backend system.

Are the tests within the content administrator successful?

Have you mainatained both(!) jco-connections (one for meta-data and one for application data)?

when you open your application, you can see the required jco-connections on a tab of the right side.

kind regards, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo,

You need to configure SLD and then configure your JCO for SAP R/3 connection.

Follow these links for the same.

Configuring SLD:

Configuring JCO:

Regards,

Bhavik