cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS SAP webgui and Internet Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I log onto the Webgui using Internet Explorer 6 or 7 the webgui looks very archaic / rough, the web gui in IE7 or 6 looks nothing like the installed version of the SAP gui. However, if I log onto ITS with Firefox the webgui looks like the normal installed version of the SAP gui. Why would this be? Are there settings I need to change on my Internet Explorer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

The ITS Webgui that looks more similar to the SAPgui for Windows is called the Classic theme in the Webgui. The newer look is referred to as the Streamline theme in Webgui. The Streamline theme was not available on Firefox and other browsers until more recently, and it sounds like your ITS is not the more recent one. See note 579445 for a little more information on this.

If you have ITS 6.20 and want the classic look then please open the global.srvc file and change the following values:

parameter: streamline value: classic value:

~design sap_streamline

~menu2002 1 0

~webgui_theme 2002 99

Thanks,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running the latest version of ITS for 6.2 I think it is 28. I am still having the same problem where in IE7 or IE6 the SAP web GUI looks really bad. But in FireFox the web GUI looks like the Windows version of the SAP GUI. I changed the global.srvc file to classic and this didn't seem to help. Any other suggestions?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

It's sad to hear that you think it "looks really bad" when that should be newer improved version.

Anyhow, your ITS probably needs to be restarted after the change to the global.srvc file. I noticed that my tab formatting didn't make it to the reply very well, so just to be sure, for the classic look you should have:

~design

~menu2002 0

~webgui_theme 99

The easiest way to check your ITS version and if the change took effect is to look at the view source of the page. Toward the top you should have something like:

<!--

This page was created by the

SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS, Version 6200.1028.7433.5, Build 939173

In my example this is ITS 6.20 patch 28

Then search for "webguiTheme = " to see what the value is.

Edgar