cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define multi development source systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day;

I am trying to figure out how to define more that one source system in Solman (ChaRM). Let me explain

Regular Corrections, all development is done in DW3 Client 100. (Production Stream)

Urgent Corrections, all development is done in DW4 Client 100 . (Emergency Stream)

Training Corrections, all development is done in DW3 Client 400 (Training Stream)

Regards

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done this approach mentioned by Jason more than once. You create as many logical components as you need, each one having the different dev system and the QAS and Prod system (and also other system roles if needed, like verification or post-processing systems ).

How is your landscape? Do you have only one Test client and one Productive client or many? That influences how to create the system/client routes.

You have also to define if you want to have different maintenance projects or keep all logical components in the same. In my cases I had different maintenance projects. If the Production Ibase for all is the same, the system will ask you to choose which maintenance cycle to use.

Regards,

Raquel Cunha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Did you try creating three logical components (one for each dev box) and three maintenance projects. When a change request is created the Change Manager will have to assign the correct maintenance cycle for the type of development it is. I haven't done this before, but it seems like a good approach. Let us know how it goes.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had been re-posted