cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAR DC and SC JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the best practice for maitaining EP projects in JDI.

I have a bunch of PAR files.

1. should i create a DC for each PAR?

2. Should i create a one SC and assign all my DC's to that SC?

3. what are the files of PAR DC that are normally checked in into DTR. should i check in all the files except .project and .classpath.

4. should we write some build scirpt to make the central build happen? if so could you please let me know how can i do that

5. Is there a facility to release each DC in CMS or should I only release only a SC which contains all those DC's

sorry if questions are basic, but just want to clarify.

Hope you can help me in thsi regard.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes, you should create a DC of type portal application for each PAR which means for each portal application project.

2. It depends on your software design. If the DCs belong together and use each other, then you can assign them to one SC. If they provide independent functionality, you can divide them to several SCs.

3. Yes, you should check in all files except .project and .classpath.

4. The central build should start automatically, no additional build script is needed.

5. You release activities. Therefore it depends if your activity contains changes from more then one DC or not.

Kind regards,

Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marion Schlotte

we are migrating to NW04 with NWDI from EP 5

we have about 20 different PAR projects (each contain 1-3 iviews)

most PAR Projects are not dependend on each other.

according to this post, if the PAR projects are not dependend on each other, and if i want to be able to release each on of them to production seperately, i need to create a SC for each PAR I have

this means at least 20 SCs in the system, and that most SCs will contain a single DC

I have a feeling that creating so many SCs, and having each SC contain only a single DC is not the best design

however, if i dont do it this way, then i can not release each application (PAR) to production seperately

I will be happy to get your opinion

Thank you

Zach Engel

Check Point

Former Member
0 Kudos

You won't create the SC for each par. This will be done by the NWDI infrastructure. Definitely it is bad idea to have 1to1 with SC. I think you could still bundle all the PAR to 1 SC and deploy.

Answers (0)