cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change sold to party when creating order with reference to a contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement where the sold to party needs to be changed when we are creating an order with reference to a contract. We can acheive this through copy control, but is it recommended by SAP.

We are using SAP 4.6C. Please provide your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Sajith.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

yes, you actually can and it is standard SAP functionality.

in the contract, in addition to the main Sold-to party, you can specify additional sold-tos in the partner tabs. these additional sold-tos are called releasing partners.

in the partner tab, the main sold-to will have the partner function SP. the releasing partners have partner function AA.

you can also do the same for ship-to party. the main will be SH. the additionals will have partner function AW.

when you create the sales order with reference to the contract, you can change the sold-to and/or ship-to. the system will recognize these are releasing partners.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

am not sure what SAP's comment on this would be but from the business point since its possible so only SAP has provided that option. so i feel it should be ok as far as funtionality performance is concerned. But we do have contracts infact dummy contracts where we create them with some dummy sold to party but at the time of sales order creation we change the sold to party.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

Once I create an order with reference to a contract the sold to party is coming as a display only field. I am not able to change it manually. Do I need to change some config settings to make it editable.

Regards,

Sajith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think we can change that on the configuration end but defintly at either the copying routine level or at a user exit while copying data to header in MV45AFZZ, may be in USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION