cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port error while deploying a dictonary project to j2ee server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a dictonary project in sap netweaver developer studio 7.1.The j2ee server and the database (both on a remote server) are running and configured.

When i try to deploy it i get the following errors

[#3]: DC API is trying to connect to '<server name>:50004' [INFO: Jan 31, 2008 9:28:26 PM /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[main,6,main]] ]

om.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: ConnectionException,cause=[ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1144] NamingException.Cannot get initial context.

Reason: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Cannot establish connection to the remote server.

The error is guess is the port number.My server is configured on port 50000 and here it is showing 50004.If i am correct then how do i configure my applications port number?

I searched and saw some messages like open \usr\SAP\<SID>\SYS\profile ,edit the port and similar solutions.Where is this "\usr\SAP\<SID>\SYS\profile " location?My server is on a remote machine.How do i configure my client to pick up the correct port ?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Siri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the issue got solved..the error was not about the port..on restarting the server i was able to deploy my project..