cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High level info on installing XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to XI and planning to install it on our dev box. We have EP installed (NW'04 Patch 12, Java) on 3GB ram machine. Can I install it on the same machine?

Please let me know the high level infomation (ex, install oracle, then kernel then....etc). I read some docs, as a started I felt they are complex to follow.

Thanks for your help and support.

HP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sizing of an XI system depends on your needs: What do you want to do with it?

In case you plan to run it produktive for real data processing i would recommend at least 4 GB RAM for XI as Java needs a lot ...

I recently installed XI 3.0 in a Win2k3 with 1,5 GB RAM. It works, but it is really no fun !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

We have some non SAP Systems running internally, and we want to integrate those systems. We are currently evaluating different EAI tools. Our team is planning to deliver a proof of concept on XI. As XI is SAP product we thought it is better to utilize XI rather that bringing another non sap product and also lack of experience in non sap EAI tools.

Please let me know how you installed it.

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can install the XI on same EP system, but it affects depending on the number of users and messages size.

2. If you are evaluating which EAI tools need to be used, if you do not have any other SAP system other than EP, then you can look for other options. XI provides more tight and efficient integration than any other tool when used with SAP products.

If you go through the guides, you should be able to install. These are pretty easy.

http://service.sap.com/instguides

SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Installation -> SAP Web AS -> SAP Web AS 6.40 SR1 and Related Documentation

Download SAP Web AS ABAP and Java guides.

SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Installation -> SAP Web AS -> SAP XI -> Installation Guide - SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 SR1

These should be suffice.

Regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, you are right: The guides are pretty good. But depending on your OS you might run into problems during installation. I am currently installing XI on HP-UX (central instance), Solaris (1. adapter engine, WAS Java) and AIX (2. adapter engine, WAS Java) and i must admit, that i feel a bit like a beta tester after running (at least somehow) through the installation routines... Up to know i had to open 5 SAPNet messages...

BTW: XI on Windows ist rather simple!

MIKE

Answers (0)