cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Succesful IDOC acknowledgements from ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM gurus,

What is the best way to handle acknowledgements from ECC (INTO MDM) for inbound IDOCS from MDM (MDM->XI->ECC).

We want it such that when an IDOC gets posted into ECC succesfully,it should send an acknowledgement signal back to MDM saying that IDOC was received properly.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOC gets posted into ECC succesfully,it should send an acknowledgement signal back to MDM saying that IDOC was received properly

-

>

You can send Ack to XI instead of MDM.

For this we can use message Type ALEAUD

The flow would be,when Idoc reaches receiver R/3 system, Ack would come to XI after executing report RBDSTATE on R/3 , . We can see this Ack in SXMB_MONI of XI.

Further in IDX5 as well you will find entry for IDoc ALEAUD.ALEAUD01

You should configure distribution model, partner profile accordingly for this message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mugdha,

I have a concern on the Acknowledgement (ALEAUD) Idoc. I have implemented this scenario wherein DEBMAS IDoc is posted from MDM -PI - ECC and ECC sends back the acknowldgement using ALEAUD Idoc.

However, in PI (SXMB_MONI) there is no separate message entry created for this acknowledgment. The ALEAUD acknowldgement message details is attached to the original DEBMAS message which was triggered from MDM - PI - ECC. Due to this, PI interface created is not able to read the acknowledgement message and process it to post/dump the target file onto the MDM Port.

I tried triggering and ALEAUD Idoc manually using PI - RWB which generated a separate message for ALEAUD Idoc in sxmb_moni and then my target file was created in MDM (But this is just a manual way of testing the PI interface).

Can you advice on how this concern can be dealt with?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because MDM is not on the Web Application Server platform, it doesn't support traditional ALE communication. Therefore, XI's ability to send acknowledgements won't work as easily as integrating with another Web AS system for instance. Where exactly do you want the notification? For example, if you wanted the end user to be able to see (in the Data Manager) which records have successfully been syndicated, then you could build a flag on the main table called "ECC Aknowledgements" (for example). Then you could build an import map which has a port for recieving messages from ECC. When the IDoc is successfully posted in ECC, you could trigger a message to XI which would be sent to the MDM system, ultimately imported through the map and check the flag.

That's sort of a silly idea, but it's one quick and dirty way.