cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination key in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

I have a requirement wherein I need to enforce uniqueness based on a combination of 2 fields say field 1 & 2.

If I mark both the fields as Unique then in the Data Manager it does not let me to enter a second record with the same value that was used for the first record fields individually.

e.g.

Record 1 ===> Field 1 = A , Field 2 = B

Record 2 ===> Field 1 = A ,Field 2 = C ---> it errors out here saying uniqueness is violated ( on field 1)

Any way to address this issue ?

I have such uniqueness requirements in MAIN & Qualified tables.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definings 2 fields as unique is different from defining those two fields combinly unique.

Defining Field 1 and Field 2 as unique and combining them in console will meet ur requirement.

Follow the steps

1 . select u r repositry.It ll show the all tables in that repositry in Object pane.

2 select u r table in object pane.It will show all the details in object detail pane like name,code,type,disp fileds,uniquefields etc.

3 select the unique fields tab ,select the fields (field1,field2) and combine them.

regards

SUMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To maintain the uniqueness based on combination of two fields you have first configure it in IMPORT manager.

In Import manager under Match Records Tab select the two fields as they appear in matching fields then say combine .This will create a comination of two fields and records will be added as per the uniqueness of the this combination.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try COMBINING both of these fields as matching fields in the Import MANAGER.

Then while importing if you have 2 fields then it will consider their combination as a criteria for Matching Field.

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks and regards

Nitin jain

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your unique field definition in MDM Console:

1. select the repository so that you can see the Tables overview.

2. select your desired table to see the Table Details.

3. check the input in Unique Fields.

I assume that you''ll see a semi-colon separated list here. This means that each field has to be unique on its own. You have to combine the fields. Therefore click on the input field, select the fields you want to combine, and click on the combine button. The result is that you'll see something like <field1>+<field2>. This should solve your requirement.

BR Michael