cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct acces to the context in different component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have the following problem. I have more components and I want direcly modifying context (add element) of one custom controller from one view which is in different component as that custom controller.

How is it possible to acces directly to optional custom controller context from optional view in application?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ondrej Hugan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I thought, there is no way how to get direct access from one view controller to another cutsom controller in another component. It is necessary to work with context mapping or use methots in proper cutrom controller where would be code working with context .. thnx anyway to everyone for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ondrej,

Bind the Context of Custom to View Controller. Not necessary to bind Context Nodes since you just want to access the Context Node/ Methods of Customs Controller.

Use the foll. code in your View Controller to access the context node

wdThis.wdGetCustomerDetailsCust.wdGetContext.nodeCustDtls.getCustFName;

Use the foll. code in your View Controller to access the method in Custom Controller

wdThis.wdGetCustomerDetailsCust.methodName();

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards

Nikhil Bansal

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Feb 18, 2008 7:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to your view, properties tab-> add required controllers. Now this controller you have added is accessible from the view.

In the Implementation part, access the custom controller as wdThis.wdGet"ControllerName".wdGetContext."your expression";

Thanks and Regards,

Karthikeyan.