Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Jurjen Heeck & others (custom Authorization group)-reposting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created the custom table and I assigned the same to the authorization group(se54).When I go into SE16 and browse for the table(TDDAT) I can see the assigned table to the authorization group.But if I go into a role, and pull the authorization group from the authorization object(S_TABU_DIS) ,I cannot see the created authorization group in that object.How I can assign the created authorization group to the users? Even I cant able to save it manually in the field values of that object.Is that we have to link TBRG & TDDAT??It is created in DEV and I need to move across the system.In this case do I need to transport the table to all the clients? If yes,then how I can do?..Need helpppp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you read my post on the matter?

If you did, which part of the answer did you not understand?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you read my post on the matter?

If you did, which part of the answer did you not understand?

0 Kudos

You wrote: TDDAT will show you the auth group you assigned to the table.

If you want it to appear as a pick list when you do F4 in the DICBERCLES field in S_TABU_DIS then you need to maintain it in TBRG. The two are not dynamically linked. I am, however, more concerned that you are unable to update the field directly in PFCG with free text (4 chars). Does this happen in all roles?

My doubt: How do I maintain the group in TBRG or how we can link ?If I try to save ,it does nothing....

0 Kudos

you can maintain TBRG via view V_TBRG

Assign your custom auth group e.g. ZXXX to S_TABU_DIS

does this happen in all roles This is an important question as there may be something wrong with SAP and you need to look into it

Why create another post when you could use your existing one?

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

This is a forum, please use it as such and do not try to direct posts towards specific forum members.

1- It may insult everyone you're not addressing because it appears as if you do not really want their answers.

2- It looks like you demand an answer from me but I only help people on a voluntairy basis.

I will not answer anymore questions directed to me in this way.

Regards,

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Sorry about that