cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I Have an urgent issue with Quality Notification Status.

In Quality Notification, my process for notification is same but the system is giving me two different status for two different material.First is OSNO NOTE and Second is OSNO only.

when does the system gives OSNO and when does it gives OSNO NOTE???

Please throw some light on this since I tried but unable to get the reason.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In each cases..when you have created fist one i.e. OSNO NOTE, have you copied from another notification? and Second one i.e. OSNO created directly with out copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Actually I have not created the Notifications so don know.

The User has asked me why this is happening.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I confirmed the questions and the user had told me that she has not copied from any other notifications.

She is getting OSNO NOTE while creating without any reference notification.

I checked the same in the system and found that for OSNO NOTE Notification it is not showing any reference Notification.

Kindly guide further.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Display the notification. On the status line you should see OSNO and NOTE.

At the end of the line is a blue button. Click on this and it will show you the short text for each status. OSNO - outstanding notification.

NOTI indicates and internal notification.

I'm guessing you'll see the NOTE means external notification. But I couldn't tell you exactly what would create that in your system.

You should then look at the Action log. (button on the menu bar). This will show you who created, when they created it, changes to the status, etc..

Hopefully that information will help you figure out the difference between the two notifications your seeing and how/why they got created annd by who.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Plz guide me when OSNO status is created and when OSNO NOTE is created for Quality Notification because whenever I am creating Quality Notification the system is giving OSNO NOTE.But there are some Quality Notifications which has only OSNO status.

Thx in advance

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Plz guide me when OSNO status is created and when OSNO NOTE is created for Quality Notification because whenever I am creating Quality Notification with or witjout Reference Quality Notifications, the system is giving OSNO NOTE.But there are some Quality Notifications which has only OSNO status.

Thx in advance

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

The Notification status OSNO means Outstanding Notification as explained earlier, it means the notification is only created, it has not been put in process in other words clicking on green flag of the Notification has not done.

Once you click on the Green Flag of the Notification top screen, the status will change to NOPR - that is notification in process, it means some action has been take by the respective person on that notification.

After completing the activities physically, you have to complete the Notification that means you need to click on the Black Flag of the Notification, then the system status changes to NOCO - Notification completed, that means all necessary actions taken out of the system and concluded that the complaint is closed.

In your case of OSNO NOTE - Outstanding notification Notification (external).

You might have used the notification type F2, that means, this notification has created for notifying a vendor complaint. That means vendor is an External Agency.

When you create a customer related complaint notification, with the notification type as F1, in that case once you create the Notification the system status will be OSNO NOTI - Outstanding Notification, Notification (Internal).

Again the same as above happens after clicking on the Green Flag and Black Flag.

Here other statuses are also there

Like OSTS - Task Outstanding, this means, when you enter some tasks in the Tasks Tab page of the Notification and Save the Notification this status will be appeared.

Once clicking on the Green Flag of the Notification Tasks screen (Green flag button is available at the bottom of the Notification screen, below to the tasks columns.) then the status will change to TSRL - Task Released you can see the status by clicking on the i button of the Notification Tasks Screen available at the bottom of the screen.

After finishing the tasks out of the system you need to click on the black flag of the Task Tab page available at the bottom of the screen. Then the Status will change to TSCO Task Completed. That means activities are completed out side the system for solving the complaint. At this time The Notification status will change to NOPR ATCO - Notification in process, All tasks completed.

After that you need to click on success button available beside the Complete button of the Black Flag of the Tasks tab page bottom side of the screen. Then the task status will change to TSCO TSSC - Task Completed Task successful. That means the Notification is ready to complete.

But, generally to handle the Customer complaint notification with respect to Quality the preferable notification type is Q1,

for vendor complaints it is Q2 and any internal complaints from production it is Q3.

If you use these type Notification, the system will not give the status of NOTE and NOTI, these status will come only for the Notification types F1, F2 and F3.

Hope this is clear to you and clarified your doubts.

Incase any more doubts please revert back.

Best Regards,

B. Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi b.Praveen,

Thx for detailed explanation on this.

But my problem is the user has created 2 Quality Notifications for 2 different Inspection lots and the material is same for both the lots.She is using Q1 also and Q2 and not F1 and F2.For one Notification the system is giving OSNO status and for other it is giving OSNO NOTE/NOTI.

She always use Q1 and Q2 Notification Type only.

Now I am not able to find difference in processing of both the Inspection Lots.

Kindly guide me on this.

Thx in advance,

Rakesh Wade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

I hope the notification which is having the status as OSNO - Outstanding Notification would be of Q3 notification type.

Please check the Notification type first.

If possible send me the screen shots of both the notifications.

Regards,

B. Praveen

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your latest reply you said OSNO and OSNO/NOTI. In the foriginal post you said OSN/NOTE. Is this a typo?

Ok.. so one has NOTE on it? I'm sure it has to do with the different notfication types you used, Q1 or Q2. No telling how you have those configured.

My question though is.... does it matter?

This is a system status. Do you believe it causes issues with your system or process somehow? Are you using this status for something?

I always like to know the answer myself...and it would be nice to know... but is it worth the time and money in this case?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

This request is from the user since they are going for roll-outs so she wants to be sure of everything.

For your information my Client has configured the Notification types i.e., Z1 copied from Q1 and Z2 copied from Q2.

In Z1 sometimes the system gives OSNO and sometimes it gives OSNO NOTI and the same is applicable for Z2 type also i.e., OSNO and OSNO NOTE.

Basically the user wants to know why the system is behaving like this.

She wants to know whether or not she is doing something wrong so the sytem is giving this two different Statuses.

I hope u might be clear by now.

Thx in advance,

Rakesh Wade

Answers (0)